What's new

JORIS DE Tour Thread

I'm here. Really. Should I start over Shawn?

I'm re-posting the lineup, for editing after I catch up to where each razor resides....

PACKAGE 1
superbleu (WA)
highball (WA)
Chester (CO)
JeffBC (MA)
jpakstis (MA)
shanman (FL)
Sluggo (WI)
LittleLebowski (VA) Actively Shaving

PACKAGE 2
Nando (NH)
Den (Canada)
garyg (MI)
Merkur25 (PA)
saliavin (MO)
Catalin (Canada)
kingfisher (VA)
noahpictures (CA) - Bowed out - straights persuasion ;)
TBD One or two possible adds

If you have more people who want to try the Joris by all means send it on to them. I thought that everyone who wanted to try it had tried it.

If you have more people who want to try the Joris by all means send it on to them. I thought that everyone who wanted to try it had tried it.

Shawn, I apologize!! I didn't even stop to notice I was speaking for you and your razor with that paticular leg of the tour. Thanks for the offer. I'll contact the other members and get back soon.

Gents,

I have our next member scheduled - Big W. I'll send kingfisher a note with contact information. Still waiting on a response from pdillon to confirm he still wants in.

I again wanted to thank everyone for taking care of the gear and each other while I let work get the best of me the last few months. I'm hoping THAT doesn't happen again. :001_unsur I haven't shaved for 4 days so I wonder what razor can work its way through my facial forest. I know - Joris!! :thumbup1:

PACKAGE 1
superbleu (WA)
highball (WA)
Chester (CO)
JeffBC (MA)
jpakstis (MA)
shanman (FL)
Sluggo (WI)
LittleLebowski (VA) Reluctantly ready to ship package
pdillon (MO)

PACKAGE 2
Nando (NH)
Den (Canada)
garyg (MI)
Merkur25 (PA)
saliavin (MO)
Catalin (Canada)
kingfisher (VA) Paws firmly on package...awaiting signal from VA
Big W (NY)

Last edited:
Gents,

I have our next member scheduled - Big W. I'll send kingfisher a note with contact information. Still waiting on a response from pdillon to confirm he still wants in.

Kingfisher, your inbox is full so if you would, please clear and contact me or Big W for his address. Thanks!

Also, if I've failed to respond to anyone interested in joining or contacted me for any other reason, please let me know!!

Last edited:
P

pdillon

Thanks for adding me to the tour! I'm in Saint Louis, Missouri by the way.

Isn't B&B grand?

PACKAGE 1
superbleu (WA)
highball (WA)
Chester (CO)
JeffBC (MA)
jpakstis (MA)
shanman (FL)
Sluggo (WI)
LittleLebowski (VA) Reluctantly ready to ship package
pdillon (MO)

PACKAGE 2
Nando (NH)
Den (Canada)
garyg (MI)
Merkur25 (PA)
saliavin (MO)
Catalin (Canada)
kingfisher (VA) Paws firmly on package...awaiting signal from VA
Big W (NY)

Thanks for adding me to the tour! I'm in Saint Louis, Missouri by the way.

Isn't B&B grand?

OK, hang tight!

My Joris is ready for the next recipient if there is one!

LittleLebowski, meet pdillon. pdillon, meet LittleLebowski. Talk amongst yourself and exchange addresses....:biggrin1:

Last edited:
P

pdillon

LittleLebowski, meet pdillon. pdillon, meet LittleLebowski. Talk amongst yourself and exchange addresses....:biggrin1:
Just sent my address over to LittleLebowski. Thanks everyone.

OK, guys, I'm still here.

Shaved with the Joris again this morning, loaded up with a Gillette 7 o'clock blue blade, Mystic Waters lime (heavenly). What a great shave!

I'm really falling in love with the Joris razor. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it weren't for the QC issues I see in this head, both the Joris head and the Fatip version. The finish is poor, the plating doesn't appear to be up to snuff. These heads are aligned perfectly, but I have seen a recent thread in which the alignment was off so the blade wasn't held properly. For the kind of money this baby costs, quality ought to be higher.

Having said that, this is an OUTSTANDING shaving head. Just the right amount of aggression for my taste. Just mows down the whiskers. Completely comfortable.

OK, so I'll PM Big W and package this stuff up and get it on its way.

Thanks, again, for allowing me the opportunity to try this beautiful razor.

King, glad you enjoyed the razor. I used my second Joris last night to mow down nearly 5 days of growth and it didn't even flinch. After a quick second pass - bliss!

I suppose there may be inconsistencies in their quality becasue my first Joris' head (in Package 1) seems well made and I've never experienced any alignment issues. Same with Joris #2.

Glad you checked in as I know Big W is chomping at the bit!

Thanks, All!

OK, guys, I'm still here.

Shaved with the Joris again this morning, loaded up with a Gillette 7 o'clock blue blade, Mystic Waters lime (heavenly). What a great shave!

I'm really falling in love with the Joris razor. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if it weren't for the QC issues I see in this head, both the Joris head and the Fatip version. The finish is poor, the plating doesn't appear to be up to snuff. These heads are aligned perfectly, but I have seen a recent thread in which the alignment was off so the blade wasn't held properly. For the kind of money this baby costs, quality ought to be higher.

Having said that, this is an OUTSTANDING shaving head. Just the right amount of aggression for my taste. Just mows down the whiskers. Completely comfortable.

OK, so I'll PM Big W and package this stuff up and get it on its way.

Thanks, again, for allowing me the opportunity to try this beautiful razor.

Hi Gents - are packages rolling across the country by now? Let us know and please share experiences.

Also, it looks like we'll be extending the tour a bit more. Two members - Beatnik and CyclingFool - have contacted me and I've given them the green light. More later.

P

pdillon

Just received tracking information, so I'm guessing the Joris should be here by the weekend!

My apologies, gents. I held up the rotation a week due to not being at home and able to ship. I threw in some GFT and TOBS creams along with an EJ sandalwood soap and if pdillon would like any of those, I'd like him to have it. I also included a couple of packs of blades. The Joris is clean and ready to go!

Top Bottom