What's new

JORIS DE Tour Thread

Kingfisher - I just took apart my Joris this morning and found rust in mine too. I am also wondering if it might actually be Palladium that is wearing off. It was kind of gooey. I am appalled because I really, really like this razor and paid enough for it that I am entitled to expect near-perfect quality..

Today I had my first shave with the Fatip. I loaded it up with a fresh Brazilian SuperThin (see other thread) and I lathered up some TOBS lavender that was also in the box. Maybe it was too many new variables (new soap, new blade, new razor) but I didn't really like the shave I got this morning.

The Fatip is a lot less pleasurable to use than the Joris. The handle is very thin, and the razor is very head-heavy. The shave was a little harsh. (Shaves with the Joris were smooth.)

Halfway through my second pass, I opened the razor up, took the blade out, and popped it into a ratty old Blue-tip Superspeed to finish the shave. I don't think I'll be shaving with the razor again, but I might try it one more time but with one of my familiar soaps.

Today I had my first shave with the Fatip. I loaded it up with a fresh Brazilian SuperThin (see other thread) and I lathered up some TOBS lavender that was also in the box. Maybe it was too many new variables (new soap, new blade, new razor) but I didn't really like the shave I got this morning.

The Fatip is a lot less pleasurable to use than the Joris. The handle is very thin, and the razor is very head-heavy. The shave was a little harsh. (Shaves with the Joris were smooth.)

Halfway through my second pass, I opened the razor up, took the blade out, and popped it into a ratty old Blue-tip Superspeed to finish the shave. I don't think I'll be shaving with the razor again, but I might try it one more time but with one of my familiar soaps.

I am supposed to be next but I would like to bow out because I am learning straights and SRAD has taken over.

@Billl, thanks again for including me.

So far, the Joris performed much better for me with the included (excellent) Schick blade. Oddly enough, I'm having a harder time getting a BBS with an (included) Super Iridium. A few small nicks that go away as I dry my face and more passes than I am used to (I'm an R41 man). The Joris soap continues to delight. I'll be adding in some TOBS and GFT creams to the PIF package.

So far, the Joris performed much better for me with the included (excellent) Schick blade. Oddly enough, I'm having a harder time getting a BBS with an (included) Super Iridium. A few small nicks that go away as I dry my face and more passes than I am used to (I'm an R41 man). The Joris soap continues to delight. I'll be adding in some TOBS and GFT creams to the PIF package.

I never had any problem getting BBS with the Joris, it was how my face felt afterward that was the problem. The aftershave splash was not pleasant.

Do you gents find yourself using a steeper than normal blade angle on the Joris, Normal being around 30deg? Thanks. Been enjoying this thread alot!

I may have used a slightly steeper angle. I didn't really think about it, though. The angle seemed pretty intuitive. I agree with saliavin that it is a very smooth shaver.

Gentlemen,

I was PM'ed a couple of questions about the Joris and the R41 and I need help answering them. What is the blade gap of each razor? And could someone please post a picture of both razors loaded with a blade showing the blade gap?

Thank you.

OK, I'm about ready to send this stuff to the next recipient.

However, on the first page of this thread I am the last name in the queue. Below my name it says "TBD," which I assume means "to be decided."

So, what am I supposed to do with the package? Should I send it back to the original owner? If so, who is that?

Thanks.

However, on the first page of this thread I am the last name in the queue. Below my name it says "TBD," which I assume means "to be decided."

So, what am I supposed to do with the package? Should I send it back to the original owner? If so, who is that?

Thanks.

It looks like one of the Joris razors is done with it's tour. It seemed like it went pretty quickly.

You can either send it to me, or to Textbilly.

I'm here. Really. Should I start over Shawn?

I'm re-posting the lineup, for editing after I catch up to where each razor resides....

PACKAGE 1
superbleu (WA)
highball (WA)
Chester (CO)
JeffBC (MA)
jpakstis (MA)
shanman (FL)
Sluggo (WI)
LittleLebowski (VA) Actively Shaving

PACKAGE 2
Nando (NH)
Den (Canada)
garyg (MI)
Merkur25 (PA)
saliavin (MO)
Catalin (Canada)
kingfisher (VA)
noahpictures (CA) - Bowed out - straights persuasion ;)
TBD One or two possible adds

Last edited:

Wish I had the Schick blade to compare but oh, my Atras and Iridiums are so nice with the Joris. Little, thanks for your additions to the box and keep in touch on progress. :)

King, could you hold on to the package for a few days while I wait for the next new member to give me his thumbs up and address? Thanks for trying her out and for your contributions. -Bill

Thanks.

The Joris Tour is not mine, but when I followed Bill's lead with the Cobra Tour my intent was to put things in the box for people to try and/or swap with an item of their own. If everyone just keeps adding what the heck is Bill going to do with it all?! :w00t:

Michael, you're giving me away!! :ohmy:

Top Bottom