What's new

JORIS DE Tour Thread

Here we go!!

ITINERARY

Package 1: Bong (superbleu) should receive the box Wednesday. Once done with his test drive, he'll add one of his Muhle R41 FaTips to the package before sending it along.

Package 2: Shawn (sullybob) handed me his Joris DE today at lunch and I anticipate receiving Bong's second R41 FaTip tomorrow, at which time I'll ship the box to Nando. Also expecting a bunch of Derbys from Dex (Stubblefield) so they'll catch up with the boxes soon. Thanks again to Bong, Shawn and Dex!!

PACKAGE 1
superbleu (WA)
highball (WA)
Chester (CO)
JeffBC (MA)
jpakstis (MA)
shanman (FL)
Sluggo (WI)
LittleLebowski (VA)

PACKAGE 2

Nando (NH)
Den (Canada)
garyg (MI)
Merkur25 (PA)
saliavin (MO)
Catalin (Canada)
kingfisher (VA)
noahpictures (CA)
TBD

RULZ
Gents, nothing but a bit of common courtesy here, meant to keep the tour fair, fun and safe. :wink2:

1. Please limit your time with the gear to 5-6 days. This should be enough time for some quality shaves and impressions. Sure, there will be exceptions and if you know ahead of time your schedule will be limited (vacation, job constraints, travel...), let me know so we can adjust the order and keep the momentum going.

2. Each package will contain a Joris DE, a Muhle R41 FaTip, and an assortment of goodies (blades, fragrance samples, shave soaps…). Use the extras as you wish but consider adding something to the box.

3. I'm shipping the razors clean and sterilized. Please do the same before handing it off to the next member. Soapy hot water, Barbicide and Scrubby Bubbles are good. Boiling water baths are bad.

4. Hang onto small fragrance samples you might use, clean up bulk product once you're done and please keep any used blades as a souvenir!
:001_unsur

5. Wrap carefully and ship the package via Priority Mail if at all possible. I have shipped/will ship the boxes in new, medium size USPS flat rate priority mail boxes ($10.50 postage). If this is a hardship, I understand, but switch to a clean, generic box and pack securely if you need to downgrade the shipping method.

6. Communicate!! Post in this thread or PM me as needed or if you have questions. It's never fun to track you down if you're in possession of some expensive toys.
:blink:

7. Post reviews! More on this later, but be sure and share your impressions.

8. Have fun and...go B&B!!
:001_smile

Last edited:
Cool deal Bill. I'm sure many gents will enjoy the opportunity to try out these excellent razors. Great that you had the time to pull this deal together.

I am really looking forward to hearing the reviews as they trickle in. I think you have done the Gents here a huge service by making available two of the more aggressive razors currently on the market.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Woo Hoo, thanks again Bill, I am really looking forward to trying the Joris :thumbup:

Gents, quick update:

Our Greek friend, petrakounas, has just informed me he's purchased his own Joris and will therefore drop from the tour. However, I've encouraged him to post his impressions here. So, the itinerary for Package 1 has been updated in my original post. :001_smile

I think you have done the Gents here a huge service by making available two of the more aggressive razors currently on the market.

Not to mention that one is quite expensive, and the other hard to find. Those two points alone eliminates alot of people from trying these. Totally awesome PIF!! :thumbup:

Update: Box1 has safely landed in WA state and is now in my grubby paws.

Good news, Bong. I received your Muhle FaTip today as well but too late I'm afraid to ship Package 2. :sad: Looking good for tomorrow, though. After a quick shave with your Muhle, that is. Patience, Nando!! :tongue_sm

Last edited:
Aack!! No time to ship Package 2 today so it will head to Nando on Friday. :sad:

I did get a chance to shave with Bong's Mühle FaTip this evening and was impressed. I'll hold off on detailed feedback for now but leave you with one tip: light touch. :wink2:

Also, please be organized as you use the Joris and Muhle. As shipped, assembled with their handles, each razor is unique. But once disassembled, the heads appear identical and of course, share pedigrees (and factories?). Closer inspection reveals differences but keep 'em straight nonetheless.

Talk to you guys Friday.

Leaving today are some higher end blades to accompany the Joris Tour. I have included Swedes, Schick Plat Plus, Iridiums, and Gillette Silver Blues for your shaving enjoyment. I've sent enough for each tour member to keep at least two to three different blades to try- this way the tour end user will still have some blades come their turn. Sadly, I was only able to spare a new 5 pack of Swedes for one team, and three blades for the other so these will be the minority. Thanks again to all who made this happen!

Attachments

• $100_5838.jpg
    $100_5838.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 860
I'll be very interested to hear everyones impressions about these two razors. I have a Joris and have been told the head is effectively the same as the Muhle FaTip. So it will definitely worth knowing how the two shave. I just missed getting an Italian FaTip from Phil when he last got a few in so I've got to make the comparisons vicariously through this thread. BTW, I use either Feathers or Med Preps in my Joris with both delivering great results.

OK, Package 2 is on the way to Nando: Joris, Muhle FaTip, a handful of goodies. Anand, tell us when it arrives!

Leaving today are some higher end blades to accompany the Joris Tour. I have included Swedes, Schick Plat Plus, Iridiums, and Gillette Silver Blues for your shaving enjoyment. I've sent enough for each tour member to keep at least two to three different blades to try- this way the tour end user will still have some blades come their turn. Sadly, I was only able to spare a new 5 pack of Swedes for one team, and three blades for the other so these will be the minority. Thanks again to all who made this happen!

Thanks again, Jeff. That's a sweet and generous blade PIF! I haven't tried the Schicks but the rest are world class and perfect for this DE trial. Well done! :thumbup1:

I'll be very interested to hear everyones impressions about these two razors. I have a Joris and have been told the head is effectively the same as the Muhle FaTip. So it will definitely worth knowing how the two shave. I just missed getting an Italian FaTip from Phil when he last got a few in so I've got to make the comparisons vicariously through this thread. BTW, I use either Feathers or Med Preps in my Joris with both delivering great results.

The Muhle is definitely of the same design but there are differences. I'll hold off on my own comparison other than to say they're both effective.....:biggrin1:

Last edited:
It's here!

$DSC_4656.jpg

I just realized that my den needs some rearranging in order to be more accommodating to its new guests! I'll be posting a review shortly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom