Jays Journal

5-13-23 Wednesday
SWS week 19 (3)

Razor: Gamechanger 68
Blade: DerbyPremium(1)
Soap: Old Strathcona
Brush: RR The Bruce
Pre: Shower

Shave with the Derby Premium went much better. 2.5 passes left me with DFS++ and no irritation.

Be well
Jay

5-16-23 Tuesday

Razor: Progress
Blade: DerbyPremium(1)
Brush: Starcraft
Pre: non

Easy, smooth 3 pass (3-2-1) for a solid DFS+.
Been awhile since I pulled out the Progress, such a nice shave.

Be well
Jay

5-18-23 Thursday

Blade: DerbyPremium(2)
Soap: XXX
Brush: The Bruce
Pre: shower

In a bit of a rush to get showered, shaved and on the road. Nice long weekend with family in northern Ontario. To all my Canadian brothers have a good 2-4 weekend!

3 passes on #2 to end with DFS.

Be well
Jay

Nice streak of shaves there Jay! And no irritations - go go go!! I have never tried Derby’s before, but if I read your shaves correctly they are a nice blade

Enjoy,

Guido

Last edited:
Nice streak of shaves there Jay! And no irritations - go go go!! I have never tried Derby’s before, but if I read your shaves correctly they are a nice blade

Enjoy,

Guido
The Premium seem ok. Maybe tugg just a tiny bit more then Nacets or BIC on the first pass. Smooth sailing after that tho.

I would consider getting a 100 pack, considering how affordable they are.

5-23-23 Tuesday

Blade: BIC(1)
Pre: shower

Made it home today from a great 5 nights in Northern Ontario. No hydro, no cell service, nothing but quiet and visiting with family!

3 passes on #4 to end with DFS. Sure is good to clean up 5 days growth!!

Be well
Jay

5-26-23 Friday

Razor: Progress (2-2-2)
Blade: BIC(2)
Soap: B&M Cool

First use of Cool...nice subtle, fresh scent and great performance. B&M really nailed it with Omnibus!
Bit tired this morning after work so had a couple drinks before showering. Decided to keep things mild. #2 on the Progress ended with DFS++ after 3 passes. 2 1/2 days growth...fantastic!

Be well
Jay

5-28-23 Sunday

Razor: Henson ++
Soap: Stirling Sheep

Haven't used the Henson for sometime. Might bounce between the mild and medium for a few shaves.
2 days growth, 3 passes with the Grand-daughters (5&9) bouncing in and out of the bathroom smacking me on the behind and I still managed DFS. Only 1 slight weeper.

Acceptable.

Be well
Jay

5-30-23 Tuesday

Razor1: Henson ++
Razor2: Henson+
Blade1: BIC(2)
Blade2: Nacet(1)
Brush: RR Snowman

Henson++ for 2 passes then final pass/cleanup with Henson+. DFS+++ little to no sting from the Clubman-Witchhazel blend.
Lovely.
Second use of the Stirling Sheep...what a fantastic soap.

Be well
Jay

5-31-23 Wednesday

Blade1: BIC(3)
Blade2: Nacet(2)
Brush: Semogue 1305

Usual 3 pass, paid attention to slowing down and using no pressure. Ended on DFS+++, almost BBS.
It is starting to seem like it is easier for me to maintain a light touch with the light aluminum razors compared to heavier.

The 1305 shed 6 hairs this shave! Hasnt shed any since the first 8 or 10 when it was new...***!!

Be well
Jay

6-1-23 Thursday

Blade1: BIC(3)
Blade2: Nacet(3)

Not alot of growth this morning so I decided to just use the mild. 2 passes for DFS+++

Be well
Jay

6-3-23 Saturday

Razor2: n/a
Blade1: BIC(4)
Blade2: n/a
Soap: MWF

Saturday morning shave, 2 days growth. Was going to use both Hensons as I have been, started 3rd pass with the ++ so just carried on. DFS+++.
Cleaned up and put gear away, made a coffee and sat down to record the shave. Dont need any post shave...fantastic! Going to apply some Clubman anyway tho.
The recent shake-up with Mitchells prompted me to pull it out of the drawer. 1 minute load off a dry puck with a medium damp brush worked a treat. Had a 4th pass of lather left in brush...perfect in my opinion.

Be well
Jay

6-5-23 Monday

Razor: Henson +
Brush: RR Bruce

Smooth, simple, and effective. Not much else to say. Apparently I didnt do a very good job editing my last post duh.

Be well
Jay

6-6-23 Tuesday

Razor: Henson +
Blade: BIC(2)

Second shave using the B&M, was a touch thick on the first pass. Managed to nick the "dent" on my jaw from an old break.
Got it thinned out for the second and third pass. Need to stick with this soap for a bit and figure it out.

DFS+++ so thats good

Be well
Jay

6-7-23 Wednesday

Razor: Tech
Blade: Wilkinson sword(1)

Pulled the Tech out, hasn't seen the sun in some time. Trying a new blade, the only blade I have seen available in my area.
A fantastic shave, the blade was smooth and seemed plenty sharp.

DFS++

Be well
Jay

6-8-23 Thursday

Razor: Gamechanger 68
Blade: Wilkinson sword(1)
Soap: La Toja

Used the Gamechanger today, wanted to compare it with my Tech. Effective angle seemed very similar, felt basically the same, but results are a touch closer shave...not what I expected.
Used La Toja for the first time so that might have an effect. Its a decent soap, smells absolutely fantastic, but when compared with Stirling Sheep or B&M it way underperformes. Is on par price wise with Stirling here.

Overall DFS ++ I suspect would be +++ with Sheep or Cool.

Be well
Jay

Top Bottom