Jays Journal

3-26-23 Sunday
FFFMM 16/31

Razor: Merkur Progress (3-3-2)
Blade: Treet platinum(3)
Soap: Mudder Focker face lather
Brush: RR Bruce
Pre: Shower

DFS no nicks, no irritation, and near zero feedback from the splash. Not my closest shave but enjoyable non the less.

Be well
Jay

Missed yesterdays shave...it was good.

3-30-23 Thursday
FFFMM 18/31

Razor: Merkur Progress (3-3-2)
Blade: Treet platinum(2)
Soap: Mudder Focker face lather
Brush: RR Bruce

2 pass with a bit of touch up DFS+++.
Good to go.

Be well
Jay

4-1-23 Saturday

Razor: K4 Gillette Slim (3-4-5)
Blade: Rapira swede(1)
Soap: MWF
Brush: Semogue Galahad
Pre: None

3 passes left me with DFS++. Started a brand new puck of Mitchells Wool Fat, and I had forgotten how nice this Semogue brush is!

Be well
Jay

4-3-23 Monday

Razor: U4 SuperSpeed
Brush: Omega mixed midget
Pre: None

First shave using my birthyear (1974) black handle SuperSpeed. Initial impressions are good, very smooth but decent efficiency. 3 passes left me with DFS+, little to no reaction from the aftershave.

Be well
Jay

4-6-23 Thursday

Razor: Mamba 53
Brush: Semogue 1305

First shave with the Mamba, bit different angle then I am used to. Got a DFS maybe DFS+ with 3 passes and a slight touch up on my neck. It sure is a smooth razor.

Be well
Jay

4-7-23 Friday

Razor: Mamba 70
Blade: Rapira swede(2)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Pre: N/A

Switched out the Mamba baseplate frim 53 to 70, same blade. Focused on a nice shallow angle which is what this razor seems to want.
Did 3 passes and ended with DFS+++ just a nice smooth irritation free shave. Found the 70 plate as smooth as the 53 but more efficient. So far I am glad I swapped my Gamechanger 68 and 84 plates with @spacemonkey42

I still have a Gamechanger topcap so at some point I will get another basplate.

Be well
Jay

4-10-23 Monday AM

Blade: Rapira swede(3)
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Pre: N/A

Second shave with the Mamba 70. Took down 2 days growth in 3 passes with minimal touch-up on jawline. DFS++ little to no reaction from the aftershave witchhazel mix. Will switch out the Rapira for a Nacet or Bic (roll of the dice). First use of the PAA brush...I like it.
All in all a great early morning shave!
Be well
Jay

Going from an .84-P to the .68P might be underwhelming :). Have you considered the .68OC maybe? It might be the perfect middle ground.
I had an 84 plate but only used it once or twice. It was more then my skin could take on a daily basis. Heck even the 68 was pushing it as a daily for me. Gonna stick with the Mamba for a couple weeks and see how it goes. It might be all I need. It turns out I like neutral or very slightly positive blade exposure.

Be well
Jay

Yeah, the Mamba and Game Changer are quite different. The Mamba 70 is smoother than the GC 68. If you like the Mamba, stick with that and enjoy it! You already tried the GC and it didn't work well for you. Don't let RAD get to you. :) You've got a Henson too, right? That's another excellent razor for reliable, high quality shaves.

Yeah, the Mamba and Game Changer are quite different. The Mamba 70 is smoother than the GC 68. If you like the Mamba, stick with that and enjoy it! You already tried the GC and it didn't work well for you. Don't let RAD get to you. :) You've got a Henson too, right? That's another excellent razor for reliable, high quality shaves.
Ya I have Henson al13 + and ++.

Your right about not letting RAD get me. Its just that I have the Gamechanger topcap and its strange having half a razor.

4-11-23 Tuesday AM

Blade: Nacet(1)
Brush: Mixed Midget

Simple, smooth 3 pass left DFS+.
Dont have a witchhazel-Brut mix, need to remedy that. Have really been liking the added witchhazel (25% of mix) in my splashes.
Be well
Jay

Top Bottom