What's new

Japanese Stone Question

i have seen these and was wondering how they are have you got it yet, if so how does it look cleaned up and laped , let us know

There are two kinds of stones that I can recognize here.
The ones with stamps on the sides are 330 mate stones.
Then there are the ones with the red stamp on top, those are Seki City in Sakai stamps I believe, which means good for knives and prepolisher for razor.
There are also a few Aoto and some other stones.

My first Japanese natural stone is from the same seller, about the same price, and also just says "toishi". My stone looks very different than yours, though.

My second Japanese natural stone is from 330mate. I knew these were a gamble. I feel lucky to have gotten stones which I can make use of. I expect the stone you get will have some value. You just can't predict exactly what you are going to get. That is not so bad for a first stone. Not so good when you need something very specific.

You are going to find out how it works after trying it out. Good luck. Break a leg. Post pictures after you get it lapped and beveled. If you don't have a practice razor to try it with, send me a PM.

If you can set the bevel on this $20 stone then it's a good deal because a Norton 1K combo will cost you at least double and a coti will probably cost you triple.

Top Bottom