What's new

Ebay listing

Been awhile since I have actually made a thread, I just enjoy reading what everyone else is up to these days but really hope no one here got scammed on this one:

Been awhile since I have actually made a thread, I just enjoy reading what everyone else is up to these days but really hope no one here got scammed on this one:

I saw that one when it was first listed, I thought where's the red dot?
Some folks have no clue what there listing, an educated guess maybe? And some folks have no clue as to what there buying it seems.
And a few list unscrupulously trying to outsmart and make $$ doing so.

Just my thoughts.

Sold for $60 total

Not bad for a case that can be polished clear with all the little plastic bits intact that tend to break.

Sometimes the people that highball are the easiest to low ball

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Sold for $60 total

Not bad for a case that can be polished clear with all the little plastic bits intact that tend to break.

Sometimes the people that highball are the easiest to low ball
Where did you see what it sold for?

I saw that one when it was first listed, I thought where's the red dot?
Some folks have no clue what they're listing, an educated guess maybe? And some folks have no clue as to what they're buying it seems.
And a few lists unscrupulously trying to outsmart and make $$ doing so.

Just my thoughts.

Some folks have no clue what they're listing, indeed. Makes me remember this eBay seller, about a year ago, who B.I.N a N.O.S Toggle still in the carton box for 47.00 bucks.

Some folks have no clue what they're listing, indeed. Makes me remember this eBay seller, about a year ago, who B.I.N a N.O.S Toggle still in the carton box for 47.00 bucks.
Think those deals are hard to come by sadly. Evidently a lot of people are willing to offer back door deals to sellers like that. A cased nickel toggle recently had that occur. Luckily from what I’ve seen most sellers just relist instead. While the original buyer gets the short end of the stick that guy trying to pull a fast one usually gets screwed too.

And a few list unscrupulously trying to outsmart and make $$ doing so.
I think you hit the nail on the head. He went from $900 to $60 with zero effort. I just clicked make an offer.

You don’t do that if you have a red dot and know it’s value, which by listing for $900 implies you might. I personally feel he deserves less than positive feedback but the fact was the seller was so dumb he scared away legitimate buyers. I only chose $60 over $56 because it’s $4 difference and the razor looked to actually have some value.

This is one of those razors though that people that Polish and flip could easily get $200 for. We’re more educated here and know these fatboys never had mirror finishes from the factory so I don’t mind posting the pictures.

2A586E36-3947-4FE5-A9AB-2F8F86FD5CA2.jpeg
B5E7C2E6-0D06-433B-A174-961F9D97A024.jpeg
C007E70A-1825-4AC1-9720-2CD84D8D6E02.jpeg
AF097014-AC3F-472E-B105-1F587E150DC2.jpeg
Some marks that detract a little from being absolutely “mint” on the doors but still extremely good shape With zero brassing. The case has little marks on the clear plastic that may not come out without heavy polishing but all the stuff making it a very desirable case is there.

In the end he probably lost out to $20 more if he did a little better with the photos and was honest.

Top Bottom