What's new

Japanese Schick Injector?

I think you should!
Yep, I am this close to returning the Supply as well. It was 100 days to try it when I bought it not 60 and I sent them the link to prove it.
Yes, many people like the Supply, but the ones who dont have terrible things to say.
The worst I have heard about Schicks is the one they have is too mild or not aggressive enough. With the Supply it is bloodbaths and razor burn.

Here it days 100 day trial, not 60.

I am leaning towards one without the guard. I heard the guard throws the weight off balance. I have also heard the ones with the guard are more aggressive but since it is an adjustable I take it with a grain of salt.
Is a near mint M worth paying around $50 for? One that says “dial” on the handle?

Yep, I am this close to returning the Supply as well. It was 100 days to try it when I bought it not 60 and I sent them the link to prove it.
Yes, many people like the Supply, but the ones who dont have terrible things to say.
The worst I have heard about Schicks is the one they have is too mild or not aggressive enough. With the Supply it is bloodbaths and razor burn.
You are not happy, so return the Supply or sell it. I can say that I have never met a Schick injector that I didn't like and I have all types except the O.

You are not happy, so return the Supply or sell it. I can say that I have never met a Schick injector that I didn't like and I have all types except the O.

I got a decent shave today with a fresh blade after using the old blade only 4 times. I also got a decent shave from shave number one on the previous blade but the following 3 shaves were disasters. So if nothing else maybe the blades just stink. This was with the number 2 plate. Just a minor weeper or 2 but I get that even with multi blade carts. No razor burn and I only did 2 passes but it was a fairly close shave.
The fact that the Supply site now says 60 days to try has me PO’d but it was 100 days when I bought it so I will hold them to it if I decide to return it. I have already contacted them about that.

I am leaning towards one without the guard. I heard the guard throws the weight off balance. I have also heard the ones with the guard are more aggressive but since it is an adjustable I take it with a grain of salt.
Is a near mint M worth paying around $50 for? One that says “dial” on the handle?

Balance-wise, it never bothered me. It's a cool feature. Also, the Ms are not aggressive at all on low settings. No worries. Finally, $50 is expensive, but if you really want it and it looks almost new... might be worth it for you. These are truly excellent razors.

I got a decent shave today with a fresh blade after using the old blade only 4 times. I also got a decent shave from shave number one on the previous blade but the following 3 shaves were disasters. So if nothing else maybe the blades just stink. This was with the number 2 plate. Just a minor weeper or 2 but I get that even with multi blade carts. No razor burn and I only did 2 passes but it was a fairly close shave.
The fact that the Supply site now says 60 days to try has me PO’d but it was 100 days when I bought it so I will hold them to it if I decide to return it. I have already contacted them about that.
If you are not ready to give up on it, hele down to CVS/Longs and get some Schick blades. You might find them smoother especially on the first shave

On M adjustables the only consideration I would weigh when making a choice which one to buy is if you want to use Schick Twin injector blades with the razor or not. If you do then buy one with the guard protector since those razors were designed to take both single and double edge injector blades. The earlier ones weren't.

Right now since Rakuten shut down Rakuten global market it is a pain to get the Schick II twin injector blades but you should still be able to get them through Rakuten Japan as long as the vendor is offering international shipping. They can be expensive but if you can get a pack with shipping for $25 USD they might be in the same territory as single edge blades on the price per shave. The twin blades are by far the smoothest injector blades out there and they last much longer than a single edge.

Using google translate and a currency convertor you should be able to navigate the site if you want to go through the trouble.

As far as the Supply razor goes it isn't supposed to be compatible with these blades.

@Rich_C
Before you buy any more razors if you want I'll lend you a few extra injectors I have lying around to try. PM me if you are interested.

Balance-wise, it never bothered me. It's a cool feature. Also, the Ms are not aggressive at all on low settings. No worries. Finally, $50 is expensive, but if you really want it and it looks almost new... might be worth it for you. These are truly excellent razors.
I don’t mind aggressive, I was just a bit concerned that without the guard I might not be able to dial it up aggressive enough. But that was just one person’s opinion.

If you are not ready to give up on it, hele down to CVS/Longs and get some Schick blades. You might find them smoother especially on the first shave
Are you in the U.K.? We don’t have Longs in the U.S. I dont think, and CVS doesnt carry them here and in general CVS charges way more for everything around here.
On M adjustables the only consideration I would weigh when making a choice which one to buy is if you want to use Schick Twin injector blades with the razor or not. If you do then buy one with the guard protector since those razors were designed to take both single and double edge injector blades. The earlier ones weren't.

Right now since Rakuten shut down Rakuten global market it is a pain to get the Schick II twin injector blades but you should still be able to get them through Rakuten Japan as long as the vendor is offering international shipping. They can be expensive but if you can get a pack with shipping for $25 USD they might be in the same territory as single edge blades on the price per shave. The twin blades are by far the smoothest injector blades out there and they last much longer than a single edge.

Using google translate and a currency convertor you should be able to navigate the site if you want to go through the trouble.

As far as the Supply razor goes it isn't supposed to be compatible with these blades.
I havent really considered twin blades, since after all injectors are SEs. :)
I have read that on the Supply V2 with the number 3 plate it will take twins.

thanks everyone

I don’t mind aggressive, I was just a bit concerned that without the guard I might not be able to dial it up aggressive enough. But that was just one person’s opinion.

Are you in the U.K.? We don’t have Longs in the U.S. I dont think, and CVS doesnt carry them here and in general CVS charges way more for everything around here.

I havent really considered twin blades, since after all injectors are SEs. :)
I have read that on the Supply V2 with the number 3 plate it will take twins.

thanks everyone
I live in Hawaii. Long's is owned by CVS and they have them here and in California. I expect your local CVS may have them. If not Amazon does.

I live in Hawaii. Long's is owned by CVS and they have them here and in California. I expect your local CVS may have them. If not Amazon does.
Hawaii? Ok now I am really jealous, lol. I had a chance to go on a family trip there 7 years ago but wasn’t able to make it. I have always wanted to go there.
I haven’t seen them in CVS, but really, around here in New Jersey they overcharge. They have so much competition here, and I dont think many people know that there store brand, Blade, are mostly Personna products that are sold in Target, Walgreens, Rite Aide, ShopRite etc. for much less.

Just one example. These are Personna Speed 3s, which are excellent if you use carts. I pop the cart off and put it on a Gillette Sensor handle. It is the exact same cart as a Personna Tri-Flexxx, which CVS sells. Note that CVS not only charges more, but they give you half as many razors!
These are the CVS Personna TriFlexxx carts: https://www.cvs.com/shop/blade-triple-blade-razor-cartridges-8ct-prodid-230565

Sorry to talk about carts here but I wanted to make my CVS point, lol.

I will probably pick up some Chicks online.

thanks and regards

Last edited:
Hawaii? Ok now I am really jealous, lol. I had a chance to go on a family trip there 7 years ago but wasn’t able to make it. I have always wanted to go there.
I haven’t seen them in CVS, but really, around here in New Jersey they overcharge. They have so much competition here, and I dont think many people know that there store brand, Blade, are mostly Personna products that are sold in Target, Walgreens, Rite Aide, ShopRite etc. for much less.

Just one example. These are Personna Speed 3s, which are excellent if you use carts. I pop the cart off and put it on a Gillette Sensor handle. It is the exact same cart as a Personna Tri-Flexxx, which CVS sells. Note that CVS not only charges more, but they give you half as many razors!
These are the CVS Personna TriFlexxx carts: Blade Triple Blade Razor Cartridges, 8CT (with Photos, Prices & Reviews) - CVS Pharmacy - https://www.cvs.com/shop/blade-triple-blade-razor-cartridges-8ct-prodid-230565

Sorry to talk about carts here but I wanted to make my CVS point, lol.

I will probably pick up some Chicks online.

thanks and regards
The Schick M/Schick adjustable is a great razor. $50 should get you a mint specimen. A couple of years ago I scored on a NOS for $39. Good deals can be found. Whether you use a chick single blade or a twin blade, you’ll likely get the shave you’re looking for. Don’t sweat over single versus twin blades, because the adjustability gets where you need to be. Keep it simple at first and go with the single chicks. Amazon has a seller or two that offers them at a fair price.

Last edited:

hmm i didnt know the M adjustables came with guard or without. Not sure exactly what this means. Does anyone have a pic of one with and one without or a link to a page?

Thanks

hmm i didnt know the M adjustables came with guard or without. Not sure exactly what this means. Does anyone have a pic of one with and one without or a link to a page?

Thanks

The people selling Schick injector blades in the yellow/ orange packs show the back of the package and they are clearly made in China. The yellow packs look pretty much the same, with the same wording including English and French, but they dont show the back of the pack. They both have 7 blades in a metal case. I can get a better deal on the yellow ones, but the seller says they are made in the U.S. and he has a large supply. I just dont want the German ones which I read really stink.
So US should be better than the Chinese ones, right?

Supply has gotten back to me and they said the link to their blog was old and they changed their policy to a 60 day trial. The 100 day trial was stated all over the place when I ordered in March, including in their faq. I told them that. They are really POing me now.
That being said, I got another decent shave with the Supply today.

Attachments

• 69956AC2-6D0F-4494-BD67-4B521381A004.png
    69956AC2-6D0F-4494-BD67-4B521381A004.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • 37E5D7E3-C39F-4280-B700-11611E5B5CBD.png
    37E5D7E3-C39F-4280-B700-11611E5B5CBD.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 5
  • F21F4090-6532-44EF-B412-153B70BACDE2.png
    F21F4090-6532-44EF-B412-153B70BACDE2.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Top Bottom