What's new

Japanese Schick Injector?

Honestly cleaning is not an issue, but if you buy into that there are versions that open for cleaning. I have purchased a number of vintage razors and have had pretty good luck regarding alignment. I suggest you keep an eye out on BST and buy one from a member here.

I have the O clone that I purchased for $30 on ebarbershop a few years back. I love it! The razor works well with a regular single edge Schick blade and it’s fantastic with a twin injector blade!
Honestly cleaning is not an issue, but if you buy into that there are versions that open for cleaning. I have purchased a number of vintage razors and have had pretty good luck regarding alignment. I suggest you keep an eye out on BST and buy one from a member here.
Thanks guys. I maybe getting a little off topic, but I noticed that people are selling what they call M<with a number> that aren’t adjustable. Also, I have consulted this chart Schick Injector Razors - http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm many times but just read the full introduction. So this one guy invented the lettering system, not Schick? I always thought it was official.
I still want to give the Supply a fighting chance. I am still on the first blade and probably have only used it 4 or 5 times. I didn’t have this much trouble when I first tried a DE. Maybe it is the personna/ted pella blade? Next shave I will load a fresh blade. I just need a rainy lazy day when I am not in a rush.
What I like about the Supply is that you dont have to inject and possibly ruin the blade. It is very easy to manually load. Btw, I just saw a listing for a personna injector and from the back of the razor it looks a lot like the Supply.
For the most part there is nothing to wear out and it can be handed down from generation to generation as I think they advertised, but what worries me is the screw. Yes, they sell replacement screws, but will the company still be in business 10, 20, 50 years from now? You will probably be able to find some screw that fits. Even the one they use now is a bit long and I thought I had misaligned it since it didnt go in very far. And after years of use will the screw hole get stripped? To me, the screw seems to take a away from the otherwise sleek charm of the razor. I wish it screwed in more flush with the plate.
Also, regarding the plates, they should have put the circle markings on the visible side. Since I dont use it every day, I have to look at the plates that aren’t installed.

The O must be really good because they rarely show up on eBay. I havent even seen an O clone listed. $30 for a new one sounds like a bargain to me. My timing is always terrible. I wonder why they stopped making it?

The letter code is the creation of a collector named Appleby, who I believe is no longer with us. Within the last couple of months there have been at least two O clones on BST. Do hang in there with the Supply! I think it is all about the angle and not applying pressure.

The letter code is the creation of a collector named Appleby, who I believe is no longer with us. Within the last couple of months there have been at least two O clones on BST. Do hang in there with the Supply! I think it is all about the angle and not applying pressure.
Yea, he is the guy who wrote that page. It is dated 2003. I am suprised the site is still up if he has passed. Sorry to hear that.
I dont even use much pressure with carts. My last shave with the Supply was a few weeks ago with the one circle plate, and it took over 3 passes and touch ups to barely get an SAS. In fact, I think it was lower than an SAS.
Also, maybe I should try a Schick blade, like a NOS or a Chinese made one (Chick). Also the B something prolines, which are Personnas, right?
Maybe I will give the Supply a go this coming weekend with the 2 circle plate. I have tried all 3 already, but I think the 1 circle is just too mild. I think at first I rushed into using the 3 plate too quickly.

I use the two dot plate and chick blades in my Supply. I find that the Personna blades do not fit securely in my particular razor.

The Schick Type O is a nice razor but it is way too mild for me unless I want to make maybe 5 passes, or (best by far) if I install an injector NOS TWIN blade which are occasionally available on ebay, though they are somewhat pricey.

With the twin blade the Type O is an outstanding razor.

Yea, he is the guy who wrote that page. It is dated 2003. I am suprised the site is still up if he has passed. Sorry to hear that.
I dont even use much pressure with carts. My last shave with the Supply was a few weeks ago with the one circle plate, and it took over 3 passes and touch ups to barely get an SAS. In fact, I think it was lower than an SAS.
Also, maybe I should try a Schick blade, like a NOS or a Chinese made one (Chick). Also the B something prolines, which are Personnas, right?
Maybe I will give the Supply a go this coming weekend with the 2 circle plate. I have tried all 3 already, but I think the 1 circle is just too mild. I think at first I rushed into using the 3 plate too quickly.

Im like you.....im having way more trouble with the supply than i ever got when i first started DE shaving.
Vintage schick injector Type N is working very well for me however. I have a version M adjustable on its way also.

Im like you.....im having way more trouble with the supply than i ever got when i first started DE shaving.
Vintage schick injector Type N is working very well for me however. I have a version M adjustable on its way also.
I have shaved 3 days in a row now with the Supply V2 with a new blade that came with the set, using the 2 circle plate. I have been getting close shaves but the weepers have been increasing each day. I just use a styptic pencil and when all is done my face is probably CCS with no redness, but with a lot of sting when applying aftershave that only lasts a few seconds. That being said, I occasionally get weepers with carts — especially with twin blades although I am a big fan of them. But it is mostly mine and my skins fault since I get the weepers mostly on my chin where it is bumpy. I can, however, get a weeper free close shave even in the bumpy areas with a 5 or 6 blader which removes most to all of the hair there on a single or maybe 2 strokes. Its with the Supply that I have to go over it many times to get into the crevices, or with a twin blade.
I will continue with the Supply for another 4 straight days and maybe more to see what happens and to test blade longevity.

i looked at the supply again and compared it to my model N injector. I noticed the the top cap of the supply is very thick while on the schick the top cap is very thin metal. To me i feel this allows me to ride the cap on the schick which puts the blade in a perfect angle while on the supply the angle is very different if you try and ride the cap.

Regardless when i evaluate a razor i take ease of use/learning curve as a factor. I had very minor issues on a DE razor. I had zero learning curves on Trac II/Atra/Sensor. I was even able to pick my first vintage injector (model N) and shave it with no issues or hassles whatever on the very first shave. While the supply has given me issues every time and the end result isnt even a close shave.

Thanks guys. I maybe getting a little off topic, but I noticed that people are selling what they call M<with a number> that aren’t adjustable. Also, I have consulted this chart Schick Injector Razors - http://www.safetyrazors.net/schick/schicktech.htm many times but just read the full introduction. So this one guy invented the lettering system, not Schick? I always thought it was official.
I still want to give the Supply a fighting chance. I am still on the first blade and probably have only used it 4 or 5 times. I didn’t have this much trouble when I first tried a DE. Maybe it is the personna/ted pella blade? Next shave I will load a fresh blade. I just need a rainy lazy day when I am not in a rush.
What I like about the Supply is that you dont have to inject and possibly ruin the blade. It is very easy to manually load. Btw, I just saw a listing for a personna injector and from the back of the razor it looks a lot like the Supply.
For the most part there is nothing to wear out and it can be handed down from generation to generation as I think they advertised, but what worries me is the screw. Yes, they sell replacement screws, but will the company still be in business 10, 20, 50 years from now? You will probably be able to find some screw that fits. Even the one they use now is a bit long and I thought I had misaligned it since it didnt go in very far. And after years of use will the screw hole get stripped? To me, the screw seems to take a away from the otherwise sleek charm of the razor. I wish it screwed in more flush with the plate.
Also, regarding the plates, they should have put the circle markings on the visible side. Since I dont use it every day, I have to look at the plates that aren’t installed.

The O must be really good because they rarely show up on eBay. I havent even seen an O clone listed. $30 for a new one sounds like a bargain to me. My timing is always terrible. I wonder why they stopped making it?

I did an update on the Schick injectors since that lettering system hasn't been updated in years.
Here is information on Type M adjustables

There are dummies threads for each letter of the Schick alphabet posted now. Just search for the word dummies and my name as the authorer.

I have shaved 3 days in a row now with the Supply V2 with a new blade that came with the set, using the 2 circle plate. I have been getting close shaves but the weepers have been increasing each day. I just use a styptic pencil and when all is done my face is probably CCS with no redness, but with a lot of sting when applying aftershave that only lasts a few seconds. That being said, I occasionally get weepers with carts — especially with twin blades although I am a big fan of them. But it is mostly mine and my skins fault since I get the weepers mostly on my chin where it is bumpy. I can, however, get a weeper free close shave even in the bumpy areas with a 5 or 6 blader which removes most to all of the hair there on a single or maybe 2 strokes. Its with the Supply that I have to go over it many times to get into the crevices, or with a twin blade.
I will continue with the Supply for another 4 straight days and maybe more to see what happens and to test blade longevity.

The 2 dot plate is not very good I found. The weepers most likely are due to using too much pressure, sounds like you are trying to use it like a cart razor. You have to learn the feel of the blade through practice to know when the pressure is enough. You also have to keep the angle with the cap almost flat to the face then adjust based on that blade feel until you can find that goldilocks angle and pressure. It is a skill and if you want to put in the time to practice you can get good shaves out of this razor with at least the 3 dot plate if you shave daily. With that said to get optimal use out of this razor is not a user friendly endevor.

I’m a big injector fan and I also couldn’t make the supply work. Never got a good shave with it.
i looked at the supply again and compared it to my model N injector. I noticed the the top cap of the supply is very thick while on the schick the top cap is very thin metal. To me i feel this allows me to ride the cap on the schick which puts the blade in a perfect angle while on the supply the angle is very different if you try and ride the cap.

Regardless when i evaluate a razor i take ease of use/learning curve as a factor. I had very minor issues on a DE razor. I had zero learning curves on Trac II/Atra/Sensor. I was even able to pick my first vintage injector (model N) and shave it with no issues or hassles whatever on the very first shave. While the supply has given me issues every time and the end result isnt even a close shave.
I did an update on the Schick injectors since that lettering system hasn't been updated in years.
Here is information on Type M adjustables

There are dummies threads for each letter of the Schick alphabet posted now. Just search for the word dummies and my name as the authorer.
The 2 dot plate is not very good I found. The weepers most likely are due to using too much pressure, sounds like you are trying to use it like a cart razor. You have to learn the feel of the blade through practice to know when the pressure is enough. You also have to keep the angle with the cap almost flat to the face then adjust based on that blade feel until you can find that goldilocks angle and pressure. It is a skill and if you want to put in the time to practice you can get good shaves out of this razor with at least the 3 dot plate if you shave daily. With that said to get optimal use out of this razor is not a user friendly endevor.
Thanks everyone. Sounds like the Supply wasnt a good choice because of the design flaws. So much for all their research and prototypes and almost 100 years of injector history to look at. It was an impulse buy on my part and I did read a lot of good things about it. And I wanted a brand new one and the NOS ones seemed too expensive especially compared to the quality materials used to make the Supply. They should have just made a clone of the M if they wanted an adjustable, which is what I would have bought if I got a vintage Schick.

I am definitely not using it like a cart since I have used DEs before, and even with a cart I apply as little pressure as possible. Todays shave, my 4th in a row with a fresh blade, had a lot fewer weepers than yesterday, just a couple, and they were minor. But today i got a touch of razor burn that has pretty much disapeared by now. I know I have the angle right since i ride the cap and then tilt until it just starts to shave. And I actually lift the blade away from my face a bit to make sure the pressure isnt too much.

Day one of this latest trial was by far the best thats why I am so puzzled. All 4 of the latest shaves have been close and the next morning my face still looks fairly clean shaven.

I dont want to go back to the one dot plate since that is way too mild and I wind up going over an area too many times which is counterproductive since it causes even more irritation and weepers, and I dont want to rush into the 3 dot like I did a few months ago.

Again, maybe I should try a Chick blade instead? I just have so many Supply blades and the Chicks seem like $1 a blade which I think is a bit high for a non cart.

I am going to stick with it for a while. I am learning how to deal with the different parts of my face, and thats helping, and why I think I got fewer and milder weepers today. For example, I only do N-S on my neck and then S-N. E-W and I get cut.
I do 3 traditional passes on most of my face but I am finding that above my lip and my chin dont deal with ATG very well. I find that with carts too but it hasnt been an issue since the carts have been more efficient and I dont need ATG on those parts, so the third pass is part WTG and part XTG.

Also, TBH, I havent been using my DE very much in the last year and did get used to carts again and probably got too complacent. But carts are still a very big part of my routine and always will be.

I thought I had 100 days to return the Supply, but their site now says 60. This isnt the first time I have found inconsistencies on their site.
So I am stuck with it unless I sell it at a loss which I dont think I want to do.

Thanks everyone. Sounds like the Supply wasnt a good choice because of the design flaws. So much for all their research and prototypes and almost 100 years of injector history to look at. It was an impulse buy on my part and I did read a lot of good things about it. And I wanted a brand new one and the NOS ones seemed too expensive especially compared to the quality materials used to make the Supply. They should have just made a clone of the M if they wanted an adjustable, which is what I would have bought if I got a vintage Schick.

I am definitely not using it like a cart since I have used DEs before, and even with a cart I apply as little pressure as possible. Todays shave, my 4th in a row with a fresh blade, had a lot fewer weepers than yesterday, just a couple, and they were minor. But today i got a touch of razor burn that has pretty much disapeared by now. I know I have the angle right since i ride the cap and then tilt until it just starts to shave. And I actually lift the blade away from my face a bit to make sure the pressure isnt too much.

Day one of this latest trial was by far the best thats why I am so puzzled. All 4 of the latest shaves have been close and the next morning my face still looks fairly clean shaven.

I dont want to go back to the one dot plate since that is way too mild and I wind up going over an area too many times which is counterproductive since it causes even more irritation and weepers, and I dont want to rush into the 3 dot like I did a few months ago.

Again, maybe I should try a Chick blade instead? I just have so many Supply blades and the Chicks seem like $1 a blade which I think is a bit high for a non cart.

I am going to stick with it for a while. I am learning how to deal with the different parts of my face, and thats helping, and why I think I got fewer and milder weepers today. For example, I only do N-S on my neck and then S-N. E-W and I get cut.
I do 3 traditional passes on most of my face but I am finding that above my lip and my chin dont deal with ATG very well. I find that with carts too but it hasnt been an issue since the carts have been more efficient and I dont need ATG on those parts, so the third pass is part WTG and part XTG.

Also, TBH, I havent been using my DE very much in the last year and did get used to carts again and probably got too complacent. But carts are still a very big part of my routine and always will be.
Brother Rich,

I urge you to try a Schick blade. They are superior to the Personna injector blades. The Supply razor is very heavy, therefore let the weight of the razor do the work. Use zero pressure. I get 12 to 15 three-pass shaves from a Schick injector blade (made in China) so the cost per blade is not as bad as it might seem.

Last edited:
I thought I had 100 days to return the Supply, but their site now says 60. This isnt the first time I have found inconsistencies on their site.
So I am stuck with it unless I sell it at a loss which I dont think I want to do.

You could always try to trade it with another member here over at the BST.

On the blades, a sharper blade may help in your case and those Chinese Schicks are the sharpest injector blades I can think of on the market right now. I've used a lot of injector razors and can say almost none of them were blade dependent except for the modern Type L clone which is a much cheaper entry point into modern injector razors. That is about the only good thing I can say for it besides it does work but they tend to have construction issues.

On the price of the blade it depends how many shaves you get out of it. The price per shave is the cost number that tells the tale not base price. Depending how many shaves you get out of a blade will determine that.

For example I get 6 shaves out of a DE blade and 10 shaves out of an injector blade.
I like to use Bic blades for DE and last time I bought a 100 pack for about $15.
15 dollars/100 blades = 15 cents per blade
15 cents / 6 shaves = 2.5 cents per shave
DE blades can be much cheaper than this depending the blade.

Now for injectors, Chicks on the cheap side if you buy a single injector key of 7 blades is usually between $4 and change - $6.
So assume the higher figure of $6.
6 dollars / 7 blades ~ 86 cents per shave
86 cents / 10 shaves = 8.6 cents per shave

If I want to push the blade I can go 15 shaves on a Chick but the shaves are not as close and the blade starts to tug after 10 to 11 shaves.
My cost per shave then is
86 cents / 15 cents ~ 5.7 cents per shave

If you can get more shaves out of an injector blade then eventually it will be about the same as DE blades. Personnas are much cheaper blades though not as sharp and you can get around 3 cents per shave out them if you shop around. Accutec who makes those blades and the Gem SE blades makes them in much higher volume than Edgewell which owns the Schick brand since they make them primarly for the medical industry.

Top Bottom