JANUARY 2019 SCORES

Discussion in 'The Score' started by ronweston, Jan 1, 2019.

Ah, the beginning of the new year and winter is full upon us. Oh well, all is not lost....

As the winds howl and the snows blow button up your parka, add the wool scarf and winter gloves and spend that extra hour or two on the hunt, visiting the familiar places and perhaps seeking new ones you could discover in search of the elusive find ... and, you never know, you may stumble on that special something because ...

The Scores do await, whether in the wild and online. And when you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And Gents, when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... Lucky Dog! I need one of THOSE....

1. This Ever Ready rehab project should be arriving in the next week. Looking for a knot recommendation. Ever Ready.jpg

2. My new score arrived yesterday and I had to try it out last night. Captain's Choice large bowl. The ridges whipped up a very nice lather using Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill soap. The cobalt blue color really is eye catching.

Attached Files:

3. BSSW Super Badger. Arley handle. Nachtgras ebonite bottom & ebony ferrule. RSCN2359[1].JPG RSCN2361[1].JPG

4. Was on the hunt for a SE razor to cure a bad case of RAD. I've never tried one before, or up until a couple weeks ago, even knew they existed.

Last night, I found a sweet little GEM Junior 1912 at my local antique shop. Decent price, about the same as on the big auction site, but I didn't have to pay shipping.

So here are some pics, I'm now waiting for some blades to come.

Cheers,[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

5. A ton of Aussie Spoilers, and a bonus box of French Nacets. Thanks, @nightguard!

[​IMG]

6. 6C5FB4D8-9A54-415A-840D-0A8553ADDE12.jpeg 41766EF1-EE07-4C7D-9887-C01EDD09AF3C.jpeg BB35ACAE-A2DA-497F-8D10-485B10B0C9CE.jpeg
    Dota Creek and Bethesda Black hones, Ralf Aust 7/8, Thiers-Issard 6/8 (with new Spanish Oak scales)

7. IMG_20190116_170948886.jpg

61 bucks.
    My 1st score of the year. From Italian barber great service. Placed Sat got it Wednesday.
    Want to do this for 2 reasons.
    1st showcase.
    2nd as a monthly/yearly track on what I buy.
    Hope that is OK.
    I am on a budget thing.