What's new

JANUARY 2019 SCORES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah, the beginning of the new year and winter is full upon us. Oh well, all is not lost....

As the winds howl and the snows blow button up your parka, add the wool scarf and winter gloves and spend that extra hour or two on the hunt, visiting the familiar places and perhaps seeking new ones you could discover in search of the elusive find ... and, you never know, you may stumble on that special something because ...

The Scores do await, whether in the wild and online. And when you find one, oh does it feel so good!

And Gents, when you snag one please let us know.

Because, we all want to see and think ... Lucky Dog! I need one of THOSE....

This Ever Ready rehab project should be arriving in the next week. Looking for a knot recommendation.
Ever Ready.jpg

My new score arrived yesterday and I had to try it out last night. Captain's Choice large bowl. The ridges whipped up a very nice lather using Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill soap. The cobalt blue color really is eye catching.

Attachments

• 20190103_183229 (1).jpg
    20190103_183229 (1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Was on the hunt for a SE razor to cure a bad case of RAD. I've never tried one before, or up until a couple weeks ago, even knew they existed.

Last night, I found a sweet little GEM Junior 1912 at my local antique shop. Decent price, about the same as on the big auction site, but I didn't have to pay shipping.

So here are some pics, I'm now waiting for some blades to come.

Cheers,
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

IMG_20190116_170948886.jpg

61 bucks.
My 1st score of the year. From Italian barber great service. Placed Sat got it Wednesday.
Want to do this for 2 reasons.
1st showcase.
2nd as a monthly/yearly track on what I buy.
Hope that is OK.
I am on a budget thing.

My latest haul, restore project awaits.

Attachments

• heljestrand låda.jpg
    heljestrand låda.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 26
  • heljestrand1.jpg
    heljestrand1.jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 26
  • heljestrand2.jpg
    heljestrand2.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 19
And this, polish awaits.

Attachments

• Engström1.jpg
    Engström1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Engström2.jpg
    Engström2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Engström3 låda.jpg
    Engström3 låda.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 17
Here is a picture from the first cleanup. Did a hone and testshave, man these are awesome twins! The wiskers didn't know what hit them. Awaiting pins to take them of the pins for a full cleanup, polish and repinning.

heljestrand first cleanup.jpg

I thought this would be a February Score, but it arrived today so it will close out January. Ruuuudy! Ruuuudy! Ruuuudy!
Rudy2 (2).JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom