What's new

J.M. Fraser's Shaving Cream

When I ordered my Booster samples from shavingessentials I received some nice samples. A nice lightly mentholated ASB, TOBS sandalwood and J.M. Fraser's Shaving Cream.

Today I used the J.M. Fraser's Shaving Cream for a second time in a row.

The scent is not very pronounced, but it gave me excellent lather and a very nice comfortable feeling after the shave. Maybe a very faint hint of lime. It is a very slick cream. Probably the high glycerin content.

Excellent lather in my book. I was really impressed. It doesn't have an exciting scent but it's an outstanding quality cream. At $12.42 for a 400ml/13.5oz it's really a bargain.

I haven't heard much talk about it and I was wondering if some of the other gents on this board ever tried the cream.

I've been fortunate to have tried many of the popular and not so popular shave creams throughout my DE and now straight shaving experience and always come back to J.M. Fraser's. It's my first choice and T&H West Indies Lime is my second for sunny days.

Kind regards,

Do a search and you'll find lots of information here.

The JM is one of the most under the radar products out there - its really quite good and a bargain to boot.

If the company were to repackage, rescent and up the price, I suspect the product would get a lot more play here.

Thx Chris.

I did a search for - J.M. Fraser's - , which is the correct spelling, before posting and it came back with nothing.

Finally found it under the review section but under JM Fraser's and under Frasiers :biggrin:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
This another fave of mine. I enjoy the lather this cream produces. Not an overly fluffy or whipped typed of cream. It produces a very slick, moist, glistening type of lather that provides great cover.

In this hobby of ours, we accumulate so many items that it is hard to use these items on a regular basis. JM Fraser is one that I enjoy but unfortunately has fell victim to a very large selection of creams and soaps in my shaving closet. I think its time to dig it out. Thanks for reminding me about this great product.

Fraser's...the cure for fluffy, puffy lather! I love the rich, creamy, wet, lubricious, luxurious lather that Fraser's produces. And all at a 'Best Value' price! What is there not to like about Fraser's? For me it's the scent. But that's not a real issue since I just add a few drops of Peppermint, Lavender and/or Tea Tree essential oils and...poof...I have great lather and a great scent! :wink:

Maybe I'm the only one, but I feel Fraser's has a very powerful lime scent. Enough to keep me from getting a dedicated lime cream. It is far my best latherer in my line-up.

I got the same sample pack and also used JM this morning. I liked it a lot and was surprised at how slick it was. The lather was good and stayed very warm. I am going to purchase some JM next week. I really is an outstanding cream that does fly under the radar.

I got a generous sample when I ordered from shavingessentials. A great cream at an excellent price. Highly recommended.

I finally got around to trying the sample of this that John at Shaving Essentials sent me and this has easily moved its way up to be tied for my number 1 spot for creams (I really like Trumper's Coconut as well) except this is a hell of a lot cheaper. John C. suggested this when I placed my last order but to my chagrin I ignored his advice :frown:; guess what I'll be ordering this weekend?

Anyway, I highly recommend this cream!

Fraser's...the cure for fluffy, puffy lather! I love the rich, creamy, wet, lubricious, luxurious lather that Fraser's produces. And all at a 'Best Value' price! What is there not to like about Fraser's? For me it's the scent. But that's not a real issue since I just add a few drops of Peppermint, Lavender and/or Tea Tree essential oils and...poof...I have great lather and a great scent! :wink:

I like the scent. It smells a bit like the Pledge furniture polish my mother used to use, so it reminds me of home. :001_rolle

Best Regards

Graham

I just got a bottle of Boosters from Shaving Essentials, and got a sample too! If I just go based on scent it's going to be a favorite. I can't wait to try it tomorrow morning. If it works as well as is smells, my next move will be to the keyboard to place an order!

Shaving Essentials rocks. You always get some nice goodies in your order. And they are fast!

I like the scent. It smells a bit like the Pledge furniture polish my mother used to use, so it reminds me of home. :001_rolle

Best Regards

Graham

I agree that it totally smells like Pledge, the same furniture polish my mom used as well. It is for that reason I don't like it. It's definitely one of those YMMV things. :confused:

I've added lemon EO yesterday and Texas cedar EO today and I've had an excellent smooth shave. With the added EO I've had a great smell too.

My order will go in for this cream as it's one of the slickest creams I've used that makes my skin feel awesome. Followed with booster AS the results look like you've just cleaned the wooden table with pledge. Shiny, slick and smooth. :lol:

I've been fortunate to have tried many of the popular and not so popular shave creams throughout my DE and now straight shaving experience and always come back to J.M. Fraser's. It's my first choice and T&H West Indies Lime is my second for sunny days.

Kind regards,

thank you. i need a good summer cream, and i almost sprung for something far too expensive. ill be giving frasers a shot. whats the best place to buy within the U.S.?

thank you. i need a good summer cream, and i almost sprung for something far too expensive. ill be giving frasers a shot. whats the best place to buy within the U.S.?

As far as I know the only place that sells it in the US is shavingessentials.net. Great to do business with.

Finally placed an order for the cream. Top notch in my book. Was able to get 4 shaves out of the generous sample from shavingessentials. This cream really rocks. Leaves my face feeling extremely smooth and soft. Very slick, lubricant and lathering qualities. The scent doesn't really bother me. I've added some EO's myself.
Followed by some Booster AS which makes a great combo. No need for any ASB.

I shaved with my sample from Shavingessentials for the second time today. This stuff rocks and is now on order. Just don't go overboard with adding water - a very dense lather is what it seems to want. But it works wonderfully and takes on the 3Ts with no problem at all. Love the scent.

I shaved with my sample from Shavingessentials for the second time today. This stuff rocks and is now on order. Just don't go overboard with adding water - a very dense lather is what it seems to want. But it works wonderfully and takes on the 3Ts with no problem at all. Love the scent.

Exactly my thoughts :biggrin:

Did you order some Booster too?

Top Bottom