What's new

I've had my 1st allergic reaction to shave products today

This evening I shaved with products I usually use often, Erasmic, TOBS Avocao, Proraso Pre and Floris JF ASB. The only problem is I have come out all blotchy and red with a lot of soreness on my face. Has anyone else ever had a delayed allergic reaction to things of this nature?

Maybe its the combo used together as I don;t think I have used this exact combination of products before. This is not a nice feeling at all I've aplied a cold flannel and I'm going to have to wait for the soreness to subside

:frown::mad::mad::frown:

Now you're going to have to test them out one by one to eliminate the culprit.

For the benefit of those of us not from the UK, what's a cold flannel?

Sorry, just a towel soaked in freezing cold water applied over my beard area to calm the heated feeling in my face down

That's no fun. I've had reactions, but they've been mild, thank goodness. In fact they were mild enough that it took a while to realize that it wasn't irritation from bad technique.

In my case I think it was shea butter causing the problem, and it showed up after using the particular soap for three or four days in a row. If I just used it for one day and then rotated to something else I didn't notice a problem.

Always useful to know the difference between US English and UK English. I kept getting the chips/fries think mixed up in Chicago last summer. Confusing indeed

I had a bad allergic reaction to the Art of Shaving Lavender pre-shave oil.
Since then I have decided to not use any lavender scented shaving products.

I think I'm gonna do my next few shaves using these products and just leaving one out each time, and see if I come up with what my skin hates

I had a bad reaction to Proraso shaving cream a few days back. Like a bad case of razor burn but not so much where I had shaved but wherever the cream had landed as well - edge of my nose, cheeks, and lower neck below shaving line. It took two days to subside. I put it down to the menthol in the Proraso.

I had similar reaction to C&L sienna after a few days face red blotchy had to cease using it, shame really as a very nice cream

Top Bottom