What's new

It's Time for a New Wallet!

Gentlemen,

I've basically had the same wallet since I was around 16 (I'm 23 now and have had two wallets of the same style). My wallet of choice has been a black Fossil tri-fold. I'm going to be graduating soon and will hopefully find a job where I assume I will be wearing at least slacks to so I want to switch to a bi-fold. The tri-fold just seems too bulky for dress pants.
The Fossils are fine, but I wanted to see what else is out there. I have tried google searching but get a little overwhelmed, so I thought I'd turn to the fine gentlemen here at B&B. I'm not looking for anything real exotic or expensive, just a good everyday wallet.

Thanks for your help in advance!

You're kidding me... I was about to post a thread for some wallet advice too! You should check out the saddleback leather company. They have some nice wallets with a 100 year warranty guarantee ! I'd buy from them but shipping would kill it!

Saddleback makes some darn fine gear. My current wallet came from Wilson's of all places. I picked up a brown goatskin bifold with the removable ID bifold. It has the seperator in the bill fold to keep cash denominations seperate and although it is 7 years old still looks practically new. It is also comfortable in slacks and goes unnoticed in the jacket pocket of a suit.

Also, being in the College Station area, you have quite a bit of saddle shops, some make some good products with the trimmings off a saddle. BTW Gig 'em.

I have been on a quest to seriously downsize my wallet. I have this one from bigskinny http://www.bigskinny.net/wallet-super-skinny-horizontal-pockets.html excellent design but still too many slots I could see it for a young guy that needed more stuff (also comes in leather) Have this one form Bosca http://www.bosca.com/money-clip-bifold-wallet-old-leather.html great feel and excellent looking but just couldn't get into folks seeing all my cash when I try finding a certain bill. I also have the ViewSlimmy http://www.koyono.com/ViewSlimmy-Thin-Front-Pocket-ID-Wallet-p/m17546w.htm great idea and liked the minimal design but always worried about stuff falling from the open slots (never actually did). I now carry this http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Classic-Wallet-ID.html?sc=8&category=87 Classic Leather ID wallet from Saddleback and I think this will end my search. If you need a little more room check out their bi-fold.

I've got the Saddleback medium bi-fold and love it but for 2 things.

1. If you have stuff in it, it doesn't exactly line up symmetrically when you close it.
2. Not a problem for me, but it is pretty big and heavy, which appears to be what you are trying to avoid.

I have the small bi-fold and I love it. Not fancy, but tough and it does what it should - hold card and money...

I've got the Saddleback medium bi-fold and love it but for 2 things.

1. If you have stuff in it, it doesn't exactly line up symmetrically when you close it.
2. Not a problem for me, but it is pretty big and heavy, which appears to be what you are trying to avoid.

I have the Filson all-leather packer wallet. I have had it for about a year and a half. The only wear it is showing is a scuff on one side & some creasing in one corner.

I had a Coach tri-fold which is still in perfectly good shape...but once I saw the Saddleback bi-fold (medium) I was sold. Great knowing I will never have to buy another wallet

I got lucky and got a great, no-name black bi fold from a shopkeeper in Provincetown. If I hadn't found him, I would have splurged and got this one:

$039-0042_00250000.1.jpg
It's from Aspinal of London.

For a couple of years I've been looking to replace my Prince Gardner cowhide bi-fold. I still haven't found anything I like as much.

I have the Saddleback large. Hated it at first because it was very difficult to get out of my pocket. It was literally a pickpockets worst nightmare. Now that it has conformed a bit and is a little easier to remove, I like it and would not use anything else.

I have a Tyvek MightyWallet bi-fold. It was cheap as dirt and is tougher than leather. It looks like it was folded out of paper but will kill a shredder. (A friend I work with put a FedEx shipping envelop through one that was about to be scrapped and it tore the teeth) It ages and breaks in just like leather but will almost never wear out or tear. Plus it's super-thin.

I've carried Orvis bison leather wallets for about a decade. I say wallet"s" because the first one finally wore out a year or two ago, and Orvis replaced it for free. Second one's going strong. I'm admittedly hard on wallets, having applied the old "be prepared" motto I learned in Scouting to walletdom. YMMV, of course.

My wife custom makes mine from duct tape, and each version has changed and improved on the last as we try out different things. The current one has an attached change pouch and a fixing for holding my yubikey and usb memorystick.

Been using Coach wallets handed down to my when my stepdad gets sick of them. They last forever, I have three different ones in different styles and only one that is 5 years old shows any type of wear.

Top Bottom