What's new

It's not IF you'll cut yourself, it's WHEN

Straight shave number 12 or so. First official shave with my cool new Penchetta brush loaded up with some Provence Sante, second shave with my new whiz bang Dovo ivory micarta, and up until today not a single nick, nuthin'. I'm not the cocky type to think, that "oh if I haven't cut myself yet I never will." Anyway, shaving my upper lip, allowed myself to get distracted, weird angle, weird place to start and BAM! Before the blood even started flowing I knew what I'd just done.

Nothing major that a dab or two of styptic didn't close up, but the end of a run. Kinda like an undefeated fighter getting his first "L." :lol:

Oh well, it was bound to happen, just glad that it wasn't major, and hope that I learn from it. Pay attention or stop what you're doing until you can devote 100% of your attention to the task at hand.

On a positive note, I'm getting some damn close shaves on the cheeks and jaw, but the neck still eludes me, working on a few different techniques and my neck is still passable for sure. (BTW I cheat because I have an "Imperial" goatee, so I haven't even attempted the chin as of yet).

it happens to all of us occasionally, just watch on your next shave you don't reopen that same cut very easy to do with a straight

The good news is that if you ever decide to shave your goatee, you will have developed some pretty good technique and it should be much easier to navigate the chin.

With time the cuts will be less and less distracting. I cut myself the day before yesterday and I instantly knew I cut myself. It was at the left ear and I was doing XTG towards the nose. Wanting to shave a little bit higher - ZING - I forgot to lift the straight. Now this: the cut was not noticeable until yesterday. :w00t: The skin must be pretty robust there.

I know many say they never ever nick themselves while shaving (notice I say nick not really cut) and I won't question their assertion however I find on occasion I will nick myself and it's usually in one of three places on my face. usually if I'm not concentrating or are in a hurry that's when it happens.

Man I've got about 10 months or so of straight shaving under my belt and it hasn't been that long that I can expect to get a shave without a noticeable cut or nick. A cut is now the exception, although it's not all that rare.

Managed to cut my lip for the first time a week ago. Good news is it stopped bleeding way easier than with a DE or Mach 3, probably because of a lighter pressure. Still painful as all get out for a second or two.

Top Bottom