What's new

It's just soap?

I hate getting ripped off. It's not that I can't afford $30.00 soaps, I just would feel like a chump shaving with them. That is why I can't use Tabac, it cost 2-3x here in the U.S. compared to what you can buy it for in a drug store or market in Europe.

So, for me the expensive soaps are worse than the good/cheap ones.

English Shaving Co. is 7.65 pounds for a refill or ~$10, shavemac is 13.10 Euro or $14.25. US $15 - free shipping off Amazon.

Where can a fellow get a puck of Tabac for $5 in Europe? Maybe we can we set up a group buy to save on shipping, eh?

I'm in!

Last edited:
Where can a fellow get a puck of Tabac for $5 in Europe? Maybe we can we set up a group buy to save on shipping, eh?

I just checked Amazon in Germany: the 125g Soap in the tin is 11.95€, the refill puck is 11.49€ and the shaving stick is 7.99€ (100g). And I don't recall seeing it for as low as 5€, maybe you get that lucky at a sale.

You can get Haslinger for that price though.

Yeah $15 for 150ml or smaller, isn't cheap. When I used to being in 12-20 pucks of Haslinger at a time, it was about $6-7 landed.

To put it into perspective, I pay about $12-14 Canadian for 450ml of JM Fraser's cream or $8-9 Canadian for 150ml or Proraso....both locally.
Bruce, have you tried the Gillette Pure Shave Cream yet?. It has an aloe type scent, and it bowl lathers really well with my soft water. It comes in a 6 ounce tube and goes for around $5.50 at my local Walmart.

Clayton
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

English Shaving Co. is 7.65 pounds for a refill or ~$10, shavemac is 13.10 Euro or $14.25. US $15 - free shipping off Amazon.

I'm in!
Who said Tabac cost $5.00 USD in Europe?

I didn't.

Is it your contention that Tabac, or Poraso, or any other European drug store brand can be purchased just as inexpensively in the U.S. as they can in Europe?

Last edited:

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Unlike many of the YouTube shave video influencers, Jason Rudman of Ruds Shaves does a great job of evaluating soaps

Yes but he gets so emotional about them. I think I might have even caught a slight smirk from him one time.

US prices are exclusive of tax. The tax you pay depends on which state you live in. (5 to 10% extra) So, you didn't get overcharged.

Right I keep forgeting about your ridiculous tax legislation xD where I come from, tax is uniform for the whole country

To get back on Tabac stick...so you guys pay tax on EU price right? Add this and I'm sure you get over 5$ even before shipping xD

I will try to prove you can't get that soap for 5$ if it costs my life :p

Right I keep forgeting about your ridiculous tax legislation xD where I come from, tax is uniform for the whole country

To get back on Tabac stick...so you guys pay tax on EU price right? Add this and I'm sure you get over 5$ even before shipping xD

Well, you can sometimes get it in a PIF. (Just trying to be helpful).

...so you guys pay tax on EU price right? Add this and I'm sure you get over 5$ even before shipping xD

Well, you originally said 5 euros, which is currently about $5.40.

There is a bit of a loophole on international shipments, since the seller collects US tax, international sellers are exempt from our stupid tax laws. Note if you buy from ebay, the evil monsters charge tax even if you buy from overseas, which in my opinion is wrong, since they are not the seller, but a middleman.

So, buying a Tabac stick refill for $5.20 directly from a UK shop is possible, and that would be under your limit, I'm afraid.
:tongue1:

Well, you originally said 5 euros, which is currently about $5.40.

There is a bit of a loophole on international shipments, since the seller collects US tax, international sellers are exempt from our stupid tax laws. Note if you buy from ebay, the evil monsters charge tax even if you buy from overseas, which in my opinion is wrong, since they are not the seller, but a middleman.

So, buying a Tabac stick refill for $5.20 directly from a UK shop is possible, and that would be under your limit, I'm afraid.
:tongue1:

Yeah I did say €, because I misread the sign...and I tought since we are talking about Europe shops we are using € as currency xD but 5,2 is not 5, is more than 5 so I don't need to prove any thing (if we use $) :p

About ebay tax I wouldn't know becaue I don't really shop online that much and usually up to 25$, when you could get 100 polsilvers for that price, shipped of course. Now I think this will become 8-9$ for 100 Sharks SHIPPED!

@Chevyguy haven't seen they one yet but I haven't looked for it either.

I'll have to have a look. Hopefully KMF makes a reappearance too, I heard that one was gone and is coming back.

I'm out of the loop but I'm coming around.

I don't think Tabac is available for 5€ in europe, this is just a myth xD
Yeah I did say €, because I misread the sign...and I tought since we are talking about Europe shops we are using € as currency xD but 5,2 is not 5, is more than 5 so I don't need to prove any thing (if we use $) :p
The UK shops charge in pounds sterling, not euros, old chum. So, we both have to convert. It's no good changing the rules after the fact.
:hand:

There are many great soaps at low prices. I get the same great shave and result from any of the soaps below, my personal opinion, it is a matter of choice what soap to buy, all that lather, expensive or cheap goes down the drain. There are many great inexpensive soaps but if high priced soaps make you feel good, go for it.

Arko shave soap-$13.05 per 12 sticks
Cella, kilo @ $37.00 lasting over 2 years Less than $1.54 per month with exclusive use
Tabac $15.00 per refill puck
Williams $0.99

Top Bottom