What's new

It's a Wrap!: Carnival of Smiles Contest #4763: The Delurkifier!

I've been lurking for about a week now, and I feel much more informed! I'm still looking into different options. Thanks for having me!

Yeah, I've been lurking for about a week too. Tons of information here that is helping me make some decisions on changes to the disposables. Went to barber the other day for a haircut and shave. :w00t: Wow! That was a close shave. Definately leaning towards a straight in the near future. Thanks to all for your contributions and opions.:smile:

Well I am obviously new here.

I have spent more time reading about, thinking about and actually shaving in the past week than I have in the past 35 years of more or less daily shaves. Aside from a chance encounter with an early Art of Shaving store in a Miami suburban mall ten years ago when I bought a badger brush and AOS soap I have had no further "brush" with such a thoughtful bunch of razor folk and information.

I do roast my own coffee, play LP records and do long overnight BBQ. DE shaving seems like a no brainer. Have my first rig on order from West Coast Shaving, chose a Merkur 38C and blade assortment. In the meantime just using a homemade preshave oil and taking my time with multiple passes and a Gillette three blade has improved my facial life hugely.

Glad to be on board!

Beef

Well done, B&B! You've delurkified me. Thanks to the great advice on this forum I have purchased my first DE kit, and I have managed not to cut myself during my first week of DE shaving. I'm sure my face would still be recovering had I not received such great virtual mentoring. I've been using the Merkur blades that came with my 38C, but I'd sure like to try a Derby <subtle hint>.

Updated list of eligible new members:

danielson06
Sailorman
alumedirocca
perlslacker
vmichael
synapticmisfires
cdav91
bigfoot83
Scary916
All Hands Working
TNLawPiper
Handyman
unclebeef
Bomberguy
twistedfinn967

That's a lot of new members! Welcome to one and all! The contest continues for just a little while longer! Hey, you, lurking in the shadows -- join now for a great chance at a great prize!

Last edited:
I may have the lurking record - I started checking this site regularly last spring some time. Guess I'm a bit of a procrastinator on some things... Better late than never, right?? I am happy to no longer be in the shadows, and now proudly show my baby smooth face to the world of B&B.

Updated list of eligible new members:

danielson06
Sailorman
alumedirocca
perlslacker
vmichael
synapticmisfires
cdav91
bigfoot83
Scary916
All Hands Working
TNLawPiper
Handyman
unclebeef
Bomberguy
twistedfinn967
KEJ
rfm2
MRS40_Caliber

Welcome new folks! The contest continues for less than 24 hours longer! Hey, you, lurking in the shadows -- join now for a great chance at a great prize!

Last edited:
I just post, just like this?

I guess i've been a lurker for a week now, i joined yesterday then saw this contest.

Last edited:
All right, I'll stop lurking and bite. What a sweet offer!

I'll go post in the New Users thread, too, to introduce myself properly, and discuss my low-budget entry-level equipment.

-K

Top Bottom