What's new

Sukeroku Member Interview

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Member Interviews - Meet Member Sukeroku

128895.jpg

@Sukeroku has been a member of B&B since Jan 1, 2020

01. How did you find Badger and Blade and why did you become a member?

I bought a Ralf Aust in December of 2019, along with a Parker brush and a tub of Proraso green.
Then, I realized that I did not know where to start. That led me to a few shaving forums including B&B.
The others have fallen to the wayside for the most part. B&B is here to stay.

02. When you did or if you are working, in general what did or do you do?

I teach business English and Japanese studies at a college in Tokyo.

03. What part of the country where you were born do you like the most?

I am originally from New Jersey, the Rodney Dangerfield of states in the USA.
That said, there are some beautiful places in the Garden State if you take the time to look.

04. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?

Probably Kauai. I lived in Hawaii for five years and would like to return.
Spain would be number two on my list. Japan is a pretty interesting place to live.

05. Do you have any hobbies or pastimes?

My main passion is judo. I am a fifth degree black belt and still train and compete regularly in my fifties.
I am also a surfer and love the ocean. I try to get a few days of snowboarding in every winter as well.

06. Why did you choose the avatar that you have now?

I studied Japanese theater as well as Japanese history in graduate school.
My avatar and screen name is Sukeroku, one of the great roles in kabuki.

07. If you could choose any person in the world, now or from the past, who would you like to sit down and have a drink with?

I am currently reading “The Hemingses of Monticello.”
So, I would probably go with Thomas Jefferson.
An intelligent, congenial and extremely complicated man.

08. What is something you'd like to do, but have not had the opportunity to do it?

Sail across the Pacific or the Atlantic either solo or with a few friends.

09. What is one thing or accomplishment in your life that you are proud of?

I practice Zen meditation daily so I try to live in the present. I know it sounds trite these days.

10. What is one piece of advice that you would offer to people in general?

To paraphrase Bill Murray, everything you do, you will do better if you just relax.

11. If you could have any super hero power, what would you choose?

Time travel. There are many others besides Jefferson that I would like to have a drink with.

12. If you had to choose to be a kind of animal, what would you want to be?

Killer whale. Intelligent. Social. Ocean-dweller. The apex predator. The only fear would be ending up in a tiny tank at Sea World.

13. What kind of music do you like?

I was born and raised in NJ, so Springsteen is always on the playlist. Going to a Springsteen show for a New Jersey-native is like going to church.
I also like Frank Zappa, Steve Ray Vaughn, The Allman Brothers, heavy metal, reggae, Hawaiian contemporary, classical. Pretty eclectic, I know.

14. If you could be any movie character, who would you like to be?

Indiana Jones? James Bond ? Atticus Finch?

15. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would the Title of that book be?

Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
"I also like Frank Zappa, Steve Ray Vaughn, The Allman Brothers, heavy metal, reggae, Hawaiian contemporary, classical."

Wow. All at the same time? :)

Like to see a guy with broad interests!

Thanks for the interview!

O.H.

I thoroughly enjoyed that interview. New Jersey is the Rodney Dangerfield of states! That's priceless.

"My wife cheats on me so much when I walk in the door the parrot screams, 'slip out the window!'"

"My wife is such a bad cook she made alphabet soup and my son spelled out on his spoon, 'help me!'"

Top Bottom