What's new

Itching from Mitchell's Wool Fat

Right after I apply the soap, I feel that the skin gets a reaction. Some kind of irritation or itching but no visible rash. Does anyone have the same experience? Could this be an allergic reaction that can get worse the more I use the soap?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Could be a reaction to Lanolin, I have also a reaction to some soaps or creams containing lanolin, but not to every soap that has it, odd.

yes, it's weird since I do not get any irritation with Barrister and Mann. Could it be something else in MWF that causes irritation?

I also had irritation from MWF and I use Stirling regularly (which has lanolin). However, I got another separate sample of MWF and I didn't get any irritation from that and it lathered beautifully. It was a weird experience.

Never had an issue with MWF causing an itchy sensation. It’s possible that you might have a slight sensitivity to one of the ingredients other than the lanolin. I’ve heard that some scent blends could possibly cause some irritation or itchyness

Reactions: nav
I also had irritation from MWF and I use Stirling regularly (which has lanolin). However, I got another separate sample of MWF and I didn't get any irritation from that and it lathered beautifully. It was a weird experience.
hm, maybe I should try a new puck. I am totally addicted to trying new soaps and scents so there is no crisis if I have to stop with MWF but maybe a little sad since it gives a nice smoothness

You two may be very unlucky.

"Hexyl cinnamaldehyde is known to cause contact allergies in some individuals but the rate of incidence is low, with patch tests indicating ~0.1% of people to be susceptible."

You two may be very unlucky.

"Hexyl cinnamaldehyde is known to cause contact allergies in some individuals but the rate of incidence is low, with patch tests indicating ~0.1% of people to be susceptible."
I’m just glad that it’s not the lanolin! There are quite a few soaps that give me the same reaction. Mainly mass produced ones with long ingredient lists. It starts fairly slowly and gets worse and worse until you wash it off. The only other things I’ve ever had reactions to is bee stings and certain cheap band aid adhesives.

Luckily I’ve now found a good set of favorites that don’t give me any issues.

Last edited:
Top Bottom