What's new

Isn't modern technology wonderful.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Artificial Intelligence is great.

You buy a product that is giving you problems and call Customer Service. You get...

"Hello, thank you for calling. How can we help you? For this, press 1. For that, press 2. For the other thing, press 3."

"I bought this product that doesn't work and I can't figure out what the problem is, and your choices don't cover what is wrong. Can I talk to a live person?"

"I'm sorry, that does not compute. Please call back when you have identified the problem and we will be happy to help you. Goodbye."

Buzzzzzz.

Artificial Intelligence is great.

You buy a product that is giving you problems and call Customer Service. You get...

"Hello, thank you for calling. How can we help you? For this, press 1. For that, press 2. For the other thing, press 3."

"I bought this product that doesn't work and I can't figure out what the problem is, and your choices don't cover what is wrong. Can I talk to a live person?"

"I'm sorry, that does not compute. Please call back when you have identified the problem and we will be happy to help you. Goodbye."

Buzzzzzz.

Once, exasperated in trying to get through an arcane menu tree, I used an expletive. The call router prompted "You have indicated you wish to speak to an attendant. If you wish to speak to an attendant, say yes." Since then, I've often been able to get in touch with a live operator by saying "I wish to speak to an attendant."

Same things happens if I just say "agent" a couple or three times. It will then connect me to a live bot...er, human being.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Usually if you press zero. If that doesn’t work just go with whatever option you want and when you finally talk to someone tell them your issue.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Isn’t technology a wonderful thing. We are doing ourselves out of jobs left right and centre. I’ll stop now before I blow a gasket.

The last time I was shopping for a cell phone, I found the online Verizon AI chat to be just as knowledgeable and helpful as the human beings in the Verizon store. Which is to say not at all.

Suggest you buy things from local stores. For example, need a paint brush? Head to Bob's Hardware. When you get home and can't figure out which end to hold, return to Bob's... and Bobby will personally guide you, step by step. :)

And with a very special thanks to advancement.., we can all buy groceries and for the exact same price we can ring it out and bag it ourselves! Ahhhhhhh, the future!

Another key word to use to get to a humanoid is REPRESENTATIVE. This will usually get you through to a person.

Top Bottom