What's new

Is this a Gillette Rocket 1940 or 1950

I found this at the Flea Market today wondering what it is? Its made in England with no serial or date number.

There is no brassing or real wear marks on it I did an alright quick clean on it with some baking soda and aluminum foil, then some toothpaste so I could post it.

Let me know if its rare or even what it is or how it shaves.

Thanks

Attachments

• $IMG_0084.jpg
    $IMG_0084.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 125
  • $IMG_0089.jpg
    $IMG_0089.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 127
  • $IMG_0083.jpg
    $IMG_0083.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 127
  • $IMG_0087.jpg
    $IMG_0087.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
It's a little hard to tell from the motion blur in the photos, but it looks like a standard '40s-style Rocket. If the TTO knob and the handle are the same diameter, though, it's a Parat. In either case it would have been from the 1950s or possibly the very late '40s (the name just refers to the similarity to the '40s-style Super Speed).

BTW, the aluminum foil and baking soda trick is for tarnished silver. It won't hurt nickel, but you're basically just soaking it in hot water at that point.

Last edited:
Thanks MacDaddy, I just googled it man I feel dumb lol, I thought that old wives tale worked for all metals lol. I think some good old elbow grease and some metal polish will work.

I have one of those too, but mine came with case instructions and original blades. With a little digging I was able to roughly date it, by using the case and blade holder, to being a 1949 Rocket. While it is still a mild razor it shaves my face very well, similar to a EJ89

I have one of those too, but mine came with case instructions and original blades. With a little digging I was able to roughly date it, by using the case and blade holder, to being a 1949 Rocket. While it is still a mild razor it shaves my face very well, similar to a EJ89

Would you be ever so kind as to post a photo of this set?
I have several in cases with blades, but I'm curious as to what yours looks like with instructions and all.

Top Bottom