What's new

Is this a #66?

Hi

Well I forked over some cash for a razor on the bay today. I'm not sure of the model, but I've been wanting a nice british razor for a while now. I tried to look at Mr. Razor to identify, and the box seems similar to the model 66 he has on his site. Can anyone confirm or deny the correct mode.

He has two #66 on his site. I think this looks like the coronation set?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=180300214255

Thanks
Jeremy

Definitely a #66 and a nice one at that - great price, but I'm missing what makes this a coronation set. I don't see a crown on the top of the case...

I was just going by the case and the accessories. I have no idea what makes it a coronation set, either. Are they the same razor, but with different packaging?

That is a very good score. It is a #66 but not a coronation set, no crown logo on the case, at least i can not see one in the picture.

I will clean it up and take some pics of the razor and case when I get it. The picture is kind of blurry, so I'll pray it's in half descent condition. Thanks, all, for your expertise.

Jeremy

I will clean it up and take some pics of the razor and case when I get it. The picture is kind of blurry, so I'll pray it's in half descent condition. Thanks, all, for your expertise.

Jeremy

I think you'll be surprised. The #66 is Rhodium plated so it doesn't tarnish like nickel or silver. A quick session with scrubbing bubbles will most likely lead to most brilliant finish that you have ever seen on a razor. :wink:

I think you'll be surprised. The #66 is Rhodium plated so it doesn't tarnish like nickel or silver. A quick session with scrubbing bubbles will most likely lead to most brilliant finish that you have ever seen on a razor. :wink:

Well put.

Using the words of a ebay legend, it will look "better than new".

Only this time, if we're comparing it with the DE being currently made, it's true...

Is the Rhodium more sensitive a finish than a regular Superspeed, or can I clean it in the same manner? I usually:

Boil
Scrub with toothbrush-soap and water
Soak in Oxyclean
Scrub again
Either soak in Jewelry cleaner/polish or polish with a metal polish.

I have never used scrubbing bubbles.

Thanks
Jeremy

I'm not sure if I would boil it. I always do the scrubbing bubbles myself. I found an Executive, basically the American version of the #66 complete with the Rhodium finish, and it looked much worse than yours. All I did was scrubbing bubble it and brush with a soft toothbrush followed by a dip in barbicide. Here's how it came out:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom