What's new

Schick Tiffany Repeater (A) Single Edge Razor Stolen

Last month I purchased a razor at an estate sale which I had been looking to add to my collection for many years - a Schick A Tiffany repeater. I sent it out with my other Schick A to Chris Spencer at Back Roads Gold so he could gussy it up a bit and switch the springs if necessary, so as to get the Tiffany up and running.

To make a long story short, Chris mailed it out to me Priority Mail with $1000 insurance. I received a confirmation email on 4/17 that it had been delivered, but under that notice, it stated that it had been given to an agent for final delivery. Today, I was informed by the mail carrier that he placed the box on a shelf in a common area above my mailbox and someone stole it. He said that they have a camera in the common area, but it wasn't working on that day, so he has no idea who took it. I guess it was easier to just leave the package unattended than to use his key to open my box and secure it. Tomorrow, I'll be taking a ride to my nearest post office to speak with someone about it.

Here's a photo of the two razors before Chris cleaned up the patina on the silver Tiffany. If anyone is offered this razor for sale or sees that it has been listed somewhere for sale, please contact me as soon as possible. It has some very distinctive marks and scratches that will make it really easy to identify as this particular razor.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to offer.
IMG_3838.JPG

Last edited:
Wow, that is a huge loss! I'm sorry this happened.
Thank you very much. It hurts even more because it was so unnecessary. If the mail carrier had just put the item in my mailbox like he was supposed to, it would not have been stolen.

By the way. You have such a great collection of repeaters that you were the poster I was most looking forward to showing my razor to, because I thought you of all people would be able to appreciate the rarity and beauty. Oh well! I think it was Robert Burns that had something to say about the best laid plans of mice and men and I suppose it applies to this situation.

I've got to keep things in perspective though. No one died and it's just a material thing, but the loss sure does sting.

Thank you very much. It hurts even more because it was so unnecessary. If the mail carrier had just put the item in my mailbox like he was supposed to, it would not have been stolen.

By the way. You have such a great collection of repeaters that you were the poster I was most looking forward to showing my razor to, because I thought you of all people would be able to appreciate the rarity and beauty. Oh well! I think it was Robert Burns that had something to say about the best laid plans of mice and men and I suppose it applies to this situation.

I've got to keep things in perspective though. No one died and it's just a material thing, but the loss sure does sting.
Thanks for those kind words. I am envious that you had it in your possession for the short time you did. I hope you express to those people that the item was so rare that it is virtually irreplaceable.

Good News is it’s insured, normally a Package with 1k insurance must be sign for.

Contact USPS Office, local Police, Postal Inspector.

Imho mail delivery person blew it.

Local Cops could have busted porch pirate with your razor, could be holding as evedence.

any update on this?
Thank you for asking. I have filed a report and spoke with a postal inspector. My mail is still being left in a public area and my claim was denied because the carrier claims it was delivered. Tomorrow I'm going to take a ride to my local police department to see if there is anything else that I can do.

I'll attach the police report (which will indicate the delivery areas are unsecure) to the amended postal complaint and keep up the pressure, but when all is said and done, I have very little faith that I'll be made whole.

That's really unfortunate. More unforunate is that you're out an item that isn't exactly common and surely the theif won't really know what it is unless they can figure out how to google it.

I guess keep an eye on FB marketplace and eBay - I think if you see it pop up on either you can report it as stolen.

Have you tried posting a wanted poster in the common area? Maybe a resident will put it back?

good luck!

Any update on this?
Thank you for asking. After registering my complaint, the postal worker no longer leaves mail in a common area that the general public has access to, but USPS still will not make good on my claim as they say it has been listed as delivered.

There really does not seem to be anything else that I can do. I just have to accept the fact that it is gone. Again, it's not the end of the world, but it sure does hurt.

Thank you for asking. After registering my complaint, the postal worker no longer leaves mail in a common area that the general public has access to, but USPS still will not make good on my claim as they say it has been listed as delivered.

There really does not seem to be anything else that I can do. I just have to accept the fact that it is gone. Again, it's not the end of the world, but it sure does hurt.
Just catching up on the entire story. Very sorry you had to experience the loss of such a unique razor. And even more disheartening is the person who took it probably doesn't even understand what they have.

Do you have any lawyer friends ? They might would be willing to send the postal service a "NICE" letter on the lawyers letterhead?
Sometimes thats enough to cause some action....

I wouldn't give up just yet, I would see if there's another step with the USPS you can use. Possibly a letter to the Attorney General or Postmaster General. It might not help, but wouldn't hurt. It also wouldn't hurt to have the sender file a complaint since he originated the shipment.

I'm having problems with a delivery now. We live in a house in a subdivision, UPS stated they passed a delivery yesterday off to USPS and it was delivered. No package at our house. When I went on USPS site it says it was delivered to the parcel locker as it was too big for our mailbox. It's a package of cloth napkins weighing 13oz. Our Home does not have a parcel locker. Today it says the package was delivered to the Post Office again. I am hoping it gets delivered today via our mail carrier. If not then on Wednesday I will go to the post office and see what they can explain and where the package is.

I wouldn't give up just yet, I would see if there's another step with the USPS you can use. Possibly a letter to the Attorney General or Postmaster General. It might not help, but wouldn't hurt. It also wouldn't hurt to have the sender file a complaint since he originated the shipment.

I'm having problems with a delivery now. We live in a house in a subdivision, UPS stated they passed a delivery yesterday off to USPS and it was delivered. No package at our house. When I went on USPS site it says it was delivered to the parcel locker as it was too big for our mailbox. It's a package of cloth napkins weighing 13oz. Our Home does not have a parcel locker. Today it says the package was delivered to the Post Office again. I am hoping it gets delivered today via our mail carrier. If not then on Wednesday I will go to the post office and see what they can explain and where the package is.
Thank you for your concern, my friend. I had thought about sending a letter to the Postmaster General a few weeks back. You're right that nothing may come of it, yet it may be a good idea, so I'll write one up this week and mail it out.

Here's hoping that your package is located. I feel your frustration. :cursing:

Thank you for your concern, my friend. I had thought about sending a letter to the Postmaster General a few weeks back. You're right that nothing may come of it, yet it may be a good idea, so I'll write one up this week and mail it out.

Here's hoping that your package is located. I feel your frustration. :cursing:
Although not shown on USPS site, pkg delivered yesterday. Hoping you have some sort of resolution!

Top Bottom