What's new

Is there a way to increase the font size?

Eben Stone

Staff member
I use Chrome on Android. The font sizes of the posts are very small. Everything else seems OK to me. Chrome doesn't have an option to increase the font size (I tried the accessibility text scaling which doesn't work) and I already tried increasing the global font size in Android which makes no difference in Chrome. I included a screen shot. Is this normal? I'd like to increase the font by maybe +4.

I'm willing to use a different browser if that is the only option.

Screenshot_20201122-002520_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Eben Stone

Staff member
Post in thread 'Support For Tapa Talk Ending On 10-27-21' Support For Tapa Talk Ending On 10-27-21 - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/support-for-tapa-talk-ending-on-10-27-21.614253/post-11467041

@srqshaver

The font scaling provided in Chrome's accessibility options only applies to a few places on the site, unfortunately it does not apply globally, even when the force zoom feature is enabled.

Here's a few screenshots to show what I'm talking about. I have the font scale set to 200% and force zoom enabled.

Keep in mind these are from my phone, not a PC. I have no problems with the font sizes when using a PC.

The first screenshot clearly shows an example of where the font scaling does apply. In that case the font is actually too big. I'm including this for an example for comparison. Most of the other screenshots show fonts that are too small. It's inconsistent. The only places where the font scaling seems to apply are: the menu, search results, and the edit post editbox.

Screenshot_20220205-130036_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220205-130045_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220205-130054_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220205-130617_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
To my knowledge there are no settings on B&B in increase/decrease font sizes. Except for the text box while making a post.

Fifteen
Eighteen
Twenty Two
Twenty Six

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I use Duck Duck Go on my Android phone and don't have any issues with resizing for my old guy eyes.
Chrome does what it wants to do, and tells you that what you want isn't important, you should want what they offer.
I will say with caveat - Duck Duck Go (because of the privacy features of that browser) can be problematic with saving some images from some sites.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
To my knowledge there are no settings on B&B in increase/decrease font sizes. Except for the text box while making a post.

Fifteen
Eighteen
Twenty Two
Twenty Six
I'm so dumb I have no idea how you did that. I don't know how to "bold" stuff or "italisize" (however it's spelled!).....

Lucky for me I'm nearsighted. I don't have to worry about READING different font sizes. I just take my glasses off and move my TracFone closer to my eyeballs!

And congratulations on the "merit award" my friend! I asked what I had to do to get one of those and I'll be doggoned if ol' @KeenDogg didn't tell me that the quickest way for me to get one was to stay off B and B for a month! True story doggone!

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
My wife asked me to buy a bigger tv. I told her to move the sofa closer instead. That wasn't what she was looking for...:scared:

Other than zooming I do not know any other methods. It may or may not help. There's a plugin that you can add to your browser where it reads the page(sorry, I'm forgetting the name). Maybe that could be an option. I'm not a fan of these as I prefer reading instead of having Mr. Roboto dictate how to lather soap!

I use Firefox on Android and used the accessibility to zoom to 125%. Or 150%

Zoom looks good so far.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
My wife asked me to buy a bigger tv. I told her to move the sofa closer instead. That wasn't what she was looking for...:scared:
What kind of man are you!? You didn’t jump up and run right out to Best Buy!? :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Luc

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What kind of man are you!? You didn’t jump up and run right out to Best Buy!? :laugh:
He has my dream wife.

A television should be as big as will fit in the room, even if it won't fit in the door. Then you start knocking out walls!

• Haha
Reactions: Luc

Eben Stone

Staff member
I use Opera, which is based on Chrome. I am able to expand the screen when text is too small with an "opening pinch."

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
This is the accepted answer. It is the only browser that I am aware of to automatically re-wrap the text to fit when you do an opening pinch.

But using Opera is annoying for other reasons, because there's some problem with my Opera account and it refuses to sync my bookmarks and credentials to other devices.

Last edited:
Top Bottom