What's new

Is there a Rive Gauche clone that is a tallow and lanolin soap?

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I have been searching and spending money on guesses, and coming up empty. Anyone know of one? I tried the Razorrock and Fine soaps and wanted better performance although I liked the scent. The Oleo performance was close, but I wanted a discernible scent.

I’ve got my eye on CBL Soap Barbershop for this very reason. I already hear “elite” whispers about his first releases. The Barbershop is on my X-Mas list!

I’ve got my eye on CBL Soap Barbershop for this very reason. I already hear “elite” whispers about his first releases. The Barbershop is on my X-Mas list!
First I’ve heard of this one... took a quick look at their site and looks like a nice ingredient list for their soaps (didn’t see lanolin, but wagyu beef tallow sure sounds sexy)

First I’ve heard of this one... took a quick look at their site and looks like a nice ingredient list for their soaps (didn’t see lanolin, but wagyu beef tallow sure sounds sexy)

Yea no lanolin, but a strong formula nonetheless ingredient-wise.

He’s been in the soap game a long time, but only recently made it official.

Dang, I just had to go search out CBL, and now there are at least four soaps I want to pick up! Rive gauch is my favorite cologne (when I heard they were discontinuing it, I hoarded several tins of it) so I will of course give the barbershop soap a try.

If Oleo Soapworks Irving Park is the scent you are looking for, but the scent strength is not sufficient, purchase the matching aftershave splash and add a few drops to the tub before lathering.

According to the website TryThatSoap, other soaps that share scent notes similar to Irving Park are:
Labelle Soaps Classico, talow and Steel Classic, Ginger's Garden Fougere Fern, LA Shaving Blackferm and PAA CAD. However, I have not used either of them. WK La Fougere Parfaite does share some scent notes as well.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
I could not smell the Irving Park soap at all, (and the tub was only 1/3 full) and the scent I got from the aftershave was harsh and not at all like like RG. I thought the soap was close, but the scent was not what I was looking for.

I've got the Club CBL & it is a top-tier soap, IMHO. I am also adding the CBL Barbershop to my list. If I don't get it for Christmas, I will be purchasing it. One way or another I'm getting it.

The vendor, Chris, sent me some unexpectedly. It’ll take more shaves to fine tune the lather, but here are my initial impressions:

Today I used CBL soap for the first time! What a treat! It will take a number of shaves to dial in, but I’m thinking it will be well worth it. Loads super easy, lathers quickly, can take a ton of water, Williams level (elite) slickness, great face feel, and this one has a nice, warming, slightly complex barbershop scent. If there were one thing I would nitpick it would be that I expected a bit more of a bright freshness to the scent, but that’s it. I look forward to using it more and also trying the other scents passed along!

It does pair very well with Fine AB which is what I closed the shave with today...time to order the full bottle, my sample only has a couple shaves worth left in it.[\QUOTE]

Top Bottom