What's new

Is it me or the Speick?

You should NEVER assume that because someone else doesn't like something, it's not good. Especially in something as personal as scent. I love the scent of Speick and I don't care what anyone else thinks of it.

The problem was that every time I didn't assume, and just tried it out for myself. And it always just reminded me of a scent that would go much better with someone twice my age or more. So now I take every review of a scented product here much more carefully, and look for things that I feel are a sure fire choice that I would have picked in the first place. There is nothing wrong with that. Speick is just not for me. Although other then the scent, its a great shave.

For the last 3 weeks, I've been using my Mama Bears Shave Stick with wonderful results. I finally broke out the Speick Stick and thought I would give it a try.

It feels like I shaved my face off. 24 hours later and I'm still feeling the burn. Is it just me or does this give a great shave??? I'm almost afraid to try again..lol.

I'm very sensitive to scents and I was a little worried about getting Speick products initially. I'd received a small bath/hand soap sample from a vendor and I found it a little overpowering. I eventually got the shave stick, cream and even the aftershave splash and I like them all a lot. The scent in all of those products is much more muted than the bath soap IMO. I love the shave stick and it's one of my favorites. I think the scent is actually fairly subtle - definitely subtler than the cream, and even that is not particularly strong.

I say all of this as a migraine sufferer who's super sensitive to a lot of scents (I've had to unload lots of shaving products due to that). I recognize that scents are really subjective, though.

I I have to be honest, I am not too keen on the scent. Let me rephrase that. The scent is not bad, but it seems to be quite overpowering.

Basically, my question is Speick one of those products that B&Bers have a love/hate relationship with?

For the last 3 weeks, I've been using my Mama Bears Shave Stick with wonderful results. I finally broke out the Speick Stick and thought I would give it a try.

It feels like I shaved my face off. 24 hours later and I'm still feeling the burn. Is it just me or does this give a great shave??? I'm almost afraid to try again..lol.

YMMV - I use a Speick shave stick and love it. One thing to keep in mind is that the Speick is a tallow soap e.g. hard. I dip the very tip into hot water while I am prepping to soften it up a bit before rubbing on my face. This is not probably necessary with softer sticks.

I love my Speick products, especially the soap stick (milled down). I have sensitive skin and have no problem with it at all. It provides me a very close shave every time I use it. I find the soap has good protection and is very slick, one of my favorites. The best part about using Speick soap or cream is looking forward to using my Speick A/S splash which I am absolutely in love with.:thumbup1:

I have to agree with you. I read a lot of good words on Speick. I tried one, the scent is ok but I'm not crazy about it. Performance-wise, something was missing...

+1

The scent gave me an "instant headache" and the lather was poor. This one went in the trash.

Speick: Love the smell, great gobs of slick easy lather, but for me I thought the protection lacked a bit. I get the occasional weeper with Speick, but not with my other soaps.

Top Bottom