What's new

Is it me or the Speick?

I just received my Speick shave stick. I have to be honest, I am not too keen on the scent. Let me rephrase that. The scent is not bad, but it seems to be quite overpowering. Does the scent mellow any once water is applied? At this rate, I am not sure if I will use it. I may PIF it in BST or try to trade with someone. It is new, still in the foil wrapper. I opened the box to make sure correct merchandise was shipped.

Originally, the vendor sent me a Speick Deo Stick by accident and I tried that, which was my first introduction to the brand. I had the same results.

Basically, my question is Speick one of those products that B&Bers have a love/hate relationship with?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I have to agree with you. I read a lot of good words on Speick. I tried one, the scent is ok but I'm not crazy about it. Performance-wise, something was missing...

I don't care for the scent at all. To me, it smells very "old European man" and not in a good way.

+1 It made me think of some guy in a leisure suit that fashioned himself as a Lady Killer. Better yet, it made me think of a gym teacher I used to have that wore enough cologne to kill a horse. He was the teacher that was always trying to hit on the female teachers at the school. A legend in his own mind LOL.

Last edited:
+1 It made me think of some guy in a leisure suite that fashioned himself as a Lady Killer. Better yet, tt made me think of a gym teacher I used to have that wore enough cologne to kill a horse. He was the teacher that was always trying to hit on the female teachers at the school. A legend in his own mind LOL.

OMG, that's it! It *is* a very 1970s "lady killer" scent, isn't it?

It is my favorite scent. Scents are like women... one type does not fit all.
....debatable.
+1 It made me think of some guy in a leisure suit that fashioned himself as a Lady Killer. Better yet, it made me think of a gym teacher I used to have that wore enough cologne to kill a horse. He was the teacher that was always trying to hit on the female teachers at the school. A legend in his own mind LOL.
Don't knock the leisure suit till you've tried it. Comfort and freedom for the boys, elixir of the god, makes all the women fall in love:001_tt1:

I just received my Speick shave stick. I have to be honest, I am not too keen on the scent. Let me rephrase that. The scent is not bad, but it seems to be quite overpowering. Does the scent mellow any once water is applied? At this rate, I am not sure if I will use it. I may PIF it in BST or try to trade with someone. It is new, still in the foil wrapper. I opened the box to make sure correct merchandise was shipped.

Originally, the vendor sent me a Speick Deo Stick by accident and I tried that, which was my first introduction to the brand. I had the same results.

Basically, my question is Speick one of those products that B&Bers have a love/hate relationship with?

I think there's no problem with the scent of it, for me is good. Try it with Speick splash. The soap has a herbal scent as u can read on the box.

Wow... there you go! I just came to the conclusion to not trust any of the guys noses here on B&B... since they are after a totally different style then I am.:wink:

But here I have to say... +1 :eek:

I really like the scent of Speick. I grated mine and made a puck and with age it has muted. Really good soap, cushy, slick, and tallow.

Wow... there you go! I just came to the conclusion to not trust any of the guys noses here on B&B... since they are after a totally different style then I am.:wink:

But here I have to say... +1 :eek:

You should NEVER assume that because someone else doesn't like something, it's not good. Especially in something as personal as scent. I love the scent of Speick and I don't care what anyone else thinks of it.

You should definitely try it. It is worth that much. I grated mine in a dish and it's become one of my favorite soaps. I get a great lather. It's slick w/ lots of cushion that produces a great shave.

Oh definately try it. The scent on the stick does not linger long and it shaves so well. I like the scent.

Definately one of my favorites.

I just ordered the Speick shaving stick last night, along with some Col Conk Bay Rum.
I'll be traveling in the near future and thought a stick was worth the try.

I just ordered the Speick shaving stick last night, along with some Col Conk Bay Rum.
I'll be traveling in the near future and thought a stick was worth the try.

I bought a stick in Pastures in NYC, The scent is ok, Im not to crazy aboutit. I think I need acouple more shaves with it to properly report. So far it works pretty good.

You should NEVER assume that because someone else doesn't like something, it's not good. Especially in something as personal as scent. I love the scent of Speick and I don't care what anyone else thinks of it.

+1

I find it fresh, herbal and medicinal. A refreshing scent that's a break from my my more usual fruity/floral products. I don't get 70's ladykiller from Speick at all.

I don't care for the scent at all. To me, it smells very "old European man" and not in a good way.

smell like an old european man?

not very gentlemanly richgem.

i would never connect a bad smell with a nationality!

have you forgotten this is an international site?

poor taste!

I enjoy the light and somewhat herbal scent of the soap, however I can't stand the splash - it's way too 70s tracksuit for me.

Top Bottom