What's new

Is Haslingers soap the best?

I've been trying a bunch of stuff over the last year or so to find "my products." All of the products work fine. But, the two that really stand *for me* are Haslingers and MdC. Both almost lather themselves and the lather that results is almost always terrific. In fact, the first time I tried Haslingers (in this case, the old formula SPA Sandalwood), I put some water on top of the puck pre-shower and there appeared to be a bit of lather on top when I stepped out...just from the water sitting there!

"Best" in this hobby is a pretty subjective term that changes from person to person. There's no doubt though that there is a lot of love in those little pucks!

Better make room, you're missing out. Plus it's a small puck. :001_rolle

I thought you were going to say that "I'm leaving shaves" on the table. Truth be told, I have many favorite, well performing, skin conditioning, make me better looking soaps that it's not funny. There's something about buying a puck of soap for $4 and then paying $5 for shipping that gripes my rosey red patoot. But then again I did pay around $70 for a jar of Martin de Candre just to say I did. :)

Haslinger's is definitely at the top my list. Cella is there too and an even better value. Many artisan soaps are as good or better, but in my mind not better enough to justify the cost (4-7 times the cost at least). Stirling is one possible exception - great performance and good value ($2.xx/oz), especially the mutton-based formulations.

I like Hasslinger a lot

Held off on purchasing it. Then when I did buy one. I held off on using it, to use up some other soaps in my rotation first.

While I'm glad to have used them up. I wish I would have tried Hasslinger sooner.

I still plan on downsizing my rotation to about 5 soaps. When I do, Hasslinger has a spot in that rotation.

"Best" in this hobby is a pretty subjective term that changes from person to person. There's no doubt though that there is a lot of love in those little pucks!

Well said, as with everything here "best" is up to the individual using the product.

YMMV

In order to say it's the best, i 'd have to try all other soaps. I haven't and don't intend to. But, Haslinger, is a very user friendly soap, very friendly for beginners, the lather is compact, durable and slick, its smell is very toned down, so there is no chance you will not like it, in Europe it can be found at a good price and the puck is of small size, so you don't get tired of seeing it forever in the bathroom. The worst thing that can happen to someone with Haslinger is if he wants strong scent in his soaps or if he has allergy to an ingredient. I can't think of anything else.

In order to say it's the best, i 'd have to try all other soaps. I haven't and don't intend to. But, Haslinger, is a very user friendly soap, very friendly for beginners, the lather is compact, durable and slick, its smell is very toned down, so there is no chance you will not like it, in Europe it can be found at a good price and the puck is of small size, so you don't get tired of seeing it forever in the bathroom. The worst thing that can happen to someone with Haslinger is if he wants strong scent in his soaps or if he has allergy to an ingredient. I can't think of anything else.

+1! Haslinger’s soaps tick all my boxes!! :a29:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
While I doubt there is actually a “best” soap, Haslinger is way way up there. It certainly a wonderful soap and I doubt there one you could say is better.

No matter what your preferences are, it wouldn't be possible not to rate Haslinger as one of the very best shaving soaps. It is a truly great product. So are their their bath soaps and shower creams.

I like it a bit

proxy.php

I just finished the Schafmilch after 2-3 months of usage. It is really good! I with there were a 150 gr offer.

I am using Tabac now. It is really good also.

Top Bottom