What's new

Interesting razer empporium opinion video on older gillette's and there ajustables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched this video today. All well and fine but, where does Matt get his information when stating that the Toggles and older adjustable's where mechanically flawed and that the 60's brought a much improved internal mechanism? I have shaved with a toggle for 12 yrs now and no problem with ajustments etc.. I find the toggle a very good shave and just as good as modern DE of late.I have not shaved with a bottom dial but.. according to him they had problems as well. and even though folks go nuts on e bay for these razors.. another words there really not worth anything? Am i misunderstanding the man?. Watch for yourself.. and whats your take.. LB..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGf1j6PaxGE

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know the gentleman in the video but my take is that he just stated basically, that Gillette had advanced the technology by the time they got to the Fatboy and it was better than the earlier versions. We all want a toggle or bottom dial, ( especially me, F4 ). I just think he may have worded it better so as not to offend some of the users of toggles or bottom dials.
again, I don't think he meant they were flawed, just not as refined as the Fatboy. IMHO.

He is correct in that most technologies get better over time and by iterations. Are the later models like the Slim better? I cannot say for sure; I do not have hard science to back up an assertion like that.

Also, I by and large enjoy the videos he puts out; wish more people talked about the engineering aspects of these great razors.

I have not tried a Slim, but have a Fatboy and a '61 Tech.
Neither of these can give me as good a shave as my older New Types, Old Types, '40's SuperSpeeds, Aristocrats.

Nice to have as birth year razors, and part of my "history of Shaving collection" but hat is it.

Might have to do with head size--Slim had a slimmer head, which gives a better shave in my opinion. Fatboy, for all its love, is not as maneuverable.

The video? Love the Japanese translations.

From the 3 (Fatboy, Slim and SA ) I have used, the Super Adjustable is the best of Gillette's adjustable razors. Better shaver and feels better balanced than the others, IMO.

Slim, fatboy and super adjustable are all great razors manufactured with incredible quality and precision. I think most men can get a great shave with any of them. Some guys prefer 2 or 3 piece but I always reach for a Gillette when I am in the mood for a DE shave.

Sorry Folks.. Did not know posting a link to the latest razer empporium was in violation of the BB Rules.. My bad! I just found the wording well... skewed..toward the end of the video.. I love my D-1 Toggle shave and it performs like a fine tuned machine! If i had a bottom dial i would like it because of my finger positions on the handle with the adjustment dial where my pinky finger would be. and it just looks super cool.. Would love to have a Nickle toggle as well that razor is just plain awesome in it presentation box.. I think all those 56-60 razors are just as cool as some of the muscle cars of the day. Just me,, LB

Last edited by a moderator:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
That's what I get also. Please post correct link so we can see the razor video.

Thanks

Sorry, that's not going to happen.

I'll include this in advance for those inclined to complain.

Attachments

• $gg.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 273
Them Chinese girls shall stay with my thoughts the rest of the day. People already think I spend WAY too much time in the bathroom, I'm sure it wont help if I'm singing this song whilst shaving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom