What's new

injector razor info

Hello all
i was given a schick injector razor from my mom last time she came to visit, she found a 57 superspeed at a swap meet and they threw this one in for free, its been sitting in my cabi et since and my curiosity is getting the better of me. First question is: is there a method with these to identify date?, whats a decent blade to try? i have thick beard growth but sensitive skin, as far as DE blades go derbys do nothing for me, but feathers leave me with bad razor burn, my normal blade is a gillette 7 o clock yellow, nacet, sometimes treet carbon steel. Where can i get a good deal on a pack of blades?

Attachments

• 20180323_094855.jpg
    20180323_094855.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20180323_094952.jpg
    20180323_094952.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 24
Hello all
i was given a schick injector razor from my mom last time she came to visit, she found a 57 superspeed at a swap meet and they threw this one in for free, its been sitting in my cabi et since and my curiosity is getting the better of me. First question is: is there a method with these to identify date?, whats a decent blade to try? i have thick beard growth but sensitive skin, as far as DE blades go derbys do nothing for me, but feathers leave me with bad razor burn, my normal blade is a gillette 7 o clock yellow, nacet, sometimes treet carbon steel. Where can i get a good deal on a pack of blades?
Known around here (Schick didn't use model names) as the model G, manufactured 1946-55.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

When I used a DE, I also used Gillette Yellows and got along well with the one nacet I used (Mediterranean beard and skin that reddens just by rubbing with my hand). The Chicks steve mentions are much better than the Personnas for me. The Personnas are much cheaper ($5 or so for 20 Personnas vs $5-7 for 7 Chicks) but are not as sharp or smooth for me. I bought my Chicks from Walgreens when they were having a sale and got 4 packs for about $25 shipped to the store near me where I picked them up.

I recently got a model G in a passaround, and it is fantastic with the USA Schick blades I have (NOS). I probably need to grab some Chicks for comparison.

Before you go into sticker shock at injector blade prices, be aware that most of us get 12-14 shaves or more out of each blade. A Type G is middle-of-the-road aggressive, not as aggressive as the D or E types, more aggressive than the later types. The Schick blades are better than the Personnas in my experience, but Personna does have supporters.

Top Bottom