What's new

Injector blades -> Parker vs Ted Pella

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I bought some injector blades as I was running low. I like to use an injector here and there but I don't use them very often.

I have some Personna injector blades (Pretty much identical to the pack of 20 below), Chinese Schicks (yellow pack of 7), Supply CO blades (I don't like them, they are not sharp enough), and some vintage double Schicks (2 blades glued together). My favorites are the Chinese Schicks but I'm having difficulties finding them lately.

The Razor Company sells the Parker and the Ted Pella injector magazines (each have 20). I bought some to get free shipping. I was suspecting that they were the same. I received the package this morning and the magazines have the same serial numbers.
IMG_2055.JPGIMG_2056.JPGIMG_2059.JPG

Both magazines have:
Patent no. 3,848,770
3,857,270 DES. 231,670
IMG_2058.JPG

There are threads that seems to confirm what I am suspecting. I believe that Parker and Ted Pella are made by Personna. Which is ok, I will still use them.

I'm new to the injector side myself, but am currently constrained by committing to "Modern May", so I've got 6 more days before I can try out my PAL Injecto-matic, Ever-Sharp G6, Schick 500, and Schick Adjustable. All recently purchased.

I did try my Feather Injector a short while ago, as it was made after 1974. Even with a Schick Injector II blade and three passes, I give it a solid rating of "Meh".

Besides the Injector II blades that came with the Feather, I've only got vintage PAL blades I've found at antique stores. I hope my older razors are MUCH more aggressive than that Feather, or my toe-dipping into injectors will be short.

I'm given to understand that Supply Co. "black" injector blades are Japanese production blades, and better than their "white" blades. Perhaps that's why the black ones are currently sold out?

When I first started using Injectors I tried the Pella and the Chinese Schicks. I found the Schicks to be sharper and have only used them since then. One day I may give the Pella blades another go.

From the pictures I'd say they were the same blades

The Schicks are very good but I prefer the Personna injector blades, and I gave used a boatload of both. I have two Schick blades left and once they’re gone I plan on using the Personnas exclusively.

When I bought my Parker adjust injector a few years ago I bought an extra 20 pack since the had a discount for it. I prefer the Schick Injector blade myself as they seem sharper. These Parker blades I can only seem to get maybe 5-6 shaves from the blade, the Chinese Schick blades I get close to twice that.

The only thing that I don't like of Chinese Schicks, which by the way are the best blades is the fact that I can't source them in Aliexpress.

Top Bottom