What's new

Inexpensive shaving soaps

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Do to price increases on everything, I'm looking for good soaps for under $10.00. First comes to mind Stirlings soap samples that last a good long time. Then shaving sticks and samples from Maggards. Anyone else have any other suggestions.

Half a kilo or Kilo of Vitos
1kg brick of Cella
Proraso Green comes in a 500ml tube
Lea 250g tube
all of them should come under 10.00 for 3.4oz/100g

D2080644-E4EC-4A49-BD61-09B30A3B5D62.jpeg

After trying dozens of soaps/creams from less than five dollars to over forty, go with Cella. I honestly don’t think anything beats it considering quality, longevity and cost. With just one gram it creates a slick, protective lather with excellent post shave feel that rivals or surpasses much more expensive alternatives

PS: Stirling comes close, but post shave is too “greasy” in my opinion

Nivea Men Shave Stick
Arko ( bowl or stick )
LaToja Shave Stick
Lea Shave Stick
Lea Shaving Soap ( refill puck )
Barrister & Mann 1oz samples
Stirling 1oz samples
VDH Luxury
Cella
Haslinger pucks
Cyril Salter puck ( tallow based/lavender scented )
Tabac Shave Stick
WTP Shave pucks and sticks from Italian Barber
Speick Shave Stick
Ogallala Bay Rum ( pucks and sticks )

I’m always for proraso soaps, my favorite is Proraso Blue and it costs 2.25€ in italy but i guess the price won’t be that different in other countries. That said, i love Proraso White as it’s very very good for sensitive skin and Proraso Red. The red lather is the best i’ve ever had. 😸

I’m always for proraso soaps, my favorite is Proraso Blue and it costs 2.25€ in italy but i guess the price won’t be that different in other countries. That said, i love Proraso White as it’s very very good for sensitive skin and Proraso Red. The red lather is the best i’ve ever had. 😸
The original poster is in the USA. Unlike here in Europe, both Proraso tubs and tubes are $10 in the US (Amazon.com and Maggards)

I usually consume 300 grams for 320 shaves a year. I use arko, proraso, tabac and have some left from Palmolive soap (I regret not getting a lot of this soap). I think these are under 10 euros in Europe, maybe tabac not. I haven't tried an expensive soap in all these years as I don't need one. I think Arko could work for you.

Em's Place in Oregon has their glycerine shaving soaps for $7.95. It's about all I use because they last forever and give a nice slick shave. I like the Woodstock scent (despite its having patchouli in it) and the Bay Rum (despite not really smelling like bay rum). I believe shipping (US) is the same for two rounds or one, so I usually get two and am done shopping for a year or year and a half.

Second this. A box of 3 pucks comes out to $4 a puck. In Ohio, Meijer stocks these (like a Target or Walmart), but Maryland doesn't have Meijer. I'll bet some department store carries these near you.

I put mine in a vintage Old Spice milk glass shaving mug. Then I put the mug in a pot of water, heat it to near boiling, and it melts to perfectly fit the mug.

Top Bottom