What's new

In your opinion what's the best inexpensive shave soap?

I was thinking to myself this morning what's the difference between A high-end shave soap and an inexpensive one ? I couldn't really tell the difference but that's just me. I use Mike's natural soap barbershop razor rock classic and Ive also used Spanish lather by GFT. I really enjoy Mike's natural soaps as well as the cheaper soaps. Maybe it's just because I'm frugal and can't justify spending $18-$30 on a soap. But I prefer an in expensive soap to a high-end soap. My question to you guys is which soap do you prefer more the high-end or the less expensive? Also which inexpensive soap do you think performs the best?

In a Tub: RazoRock
A Stick: ARKO
A puck: Williams

When I saw the title of this thread, Arko is the first one that came to mind.
If I were dirt-poor and had to shave with Arko every single day, I wouldn't mind a bit.

Of course the best soap for the money is Cella Extra Extra Purrisima , especially if you purchase the brick of 1 kg.
12 sticks of Arko - great value for the money .

I popped in to a local ethnic shop and found huge sticks of Arko for 1€ each. That makes it hard to beat on a cost per use verses performance basis

I popped in to a local ethnic shop and found huge sticks of Arko for 1€ each. That makes it hard to beat on a cost per use verses performance basis

That is the regular price in most countries. According to Nuclearblast (Edgar), local price in Portugal is €0.50. I think it must be even cheaper in Turkey.

I tried the Pumpkin spice from acs and it breaks my face out in a rash so I don't use it anymore but love the smell

Having given Williams a fair shake I don't think I'd use it at any price. I picked it up at $0.89 and ended up tossing it. Arko was given to me and I could not stomach it. However, after a second try according to the (vintage) directions, if I were poor I would use Ivory soap bars. It was not bad and I could use it for everything.

Top Bottom