What's new

"In the Shadow of the Moon" doco - shaving reference

Hi there

Anyone seen the fantastic doco about the Apollo moon expeditions?

Website is here: In the Shadow of the Moon.

There's amazing archival footage including one scene of them in orbit taking time to have a shave and saying how great it was to get a shave in after 3 or 4 days without.

Now, it looks to me like they're using a Schick injector but I could be badly mistaken.

Anyone else seen the doco and/or know what shaving gear they took to the moon?

I just watched the film (incredibly fascinating) and I think the astronaut is using a Gillette Techmatic or a Schick Auto-Band. Hard to tell. Doggonnit, you'd think NASA would have anticipated the rise of B&B (Nostrodamus did) and archived better footage of lunar shaving technology.

I was surprised those guys would wet shave in space rather than use a shaver, but--hey--you want to look your best because you never know who you might run into up there.:biggrin:

I just watched the film (incredibly fascinating) and I think the astronaut is using a Gillette Techmatic or a Schick Auto-Band. Hard to tell. Doggonnit, you'd think NASA would have anticipated the rise of B&B (Nostrodamus did) and archived better footage of lunar shaving technology.

I was surprised those guys would wet shave in space rather than use a shaver, but--hey--you want to look your best because you never know who you might run into up there.:biggrin:

I would imagine wet-shaving would be a necessity in zero-G to keep stray whiskers from flying off and gunking stuff up. Gotta have the lather to capture the whiskers.

Man, zero G. The water would just sit there on your face, no dripping no matter how wet you got it :001_tt1:

Top Bottom