What's new

In stock tobacco thread

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Image1.png

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Where did your find it? Rattray’s has been really scarce recently.
Tobaccopipes.com

I am partial to Black Mallory, but Accountants Mixture is awfully nice, too. I am a very infrequent and outdoors only smoker. I love the scent, taste, and chocolaty mouthfeel of it. It is a treat I greatly enjoy.

Is that for real that Iwan Ries charges $60 for shipping? OMG. Too bad. I was ready to buy one of their stamped pipes.

Where did your find it? Rattray’s has been really scarce recently.
You can find a lot of the Rattray's blends at some of the smaller vendors like Boswells. Old Gowrie, Marlin Flake, and Hal O' the Wind are almost impossible to find most of the time regardless of where you look.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I miss the good old days when the price was what limited how much we bought. Now you could swim around in cash like Scrooge McDuck and still not be able to get a damned tin of Marlin.

In the good old days I had so many choices and so little money I agonized over 3 tins of McClelland or 3 tins of Rattray’s. When McClelland closed down and inventory was still abundant I remember questioning whether I really wanted to buy 10 tins of 40th. Then I went to JR Cigars and they had all the Reserve blends like Dark star and Blackwoods and I had another dilemma of what to stock up on. Money was tight and the wife not happy lol.

Fast forward to today and whatever I spent is a distant memory and I have a decent supply of tobacco to show for it. From that experience I decided on the “buy once cry once” philosophy.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I’m always down for another tin or three of Marlin Flake lol.
I’m lucky that my local BM always seems to have a lot of Rattray’s in stock. I don’t know if they get constant shipments of it or if no one around here buys it. It’s on my list to buy the next time I’m down their way.

I’m lucky that my local BM always seems to have a lot of Rattray’s in stock. I don’t know if they get constant shipments of it or if no one around here buys it. It’s on my list to buy the next time I’m down their way.
Same here. It's worth the quarterly drive. They always seem to have something from Rattray there waiting for me.

Grab that and old Gowrie and you are set! I'll find some in stock some day, I don't have any at all

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Hmm. At least the large 16oz brick might make it last a little longer. It will eliminate the guys who buy 2-3 tins and leave it to the “hoarders” the who buy 10 tins. Like us lol.

C&D don’t have a lot of VaPer crumble cakes so this might be worth grabbing. It will need some time to age tho.

Top Bottom