What's new

In stock tobacco thread

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I can already feel my no online purchase resolve wavering. I wonder what the price will be.
I'm intrigued. The Virginias and the Burley sounds great, and the article talks about a very limited use of Perique, which in greater amounts would probably be a deal killer for me.

Notify me option at TP. Looks like MSRP of $70.00 and TP is listing it as $59.50
1 Unit purchase max.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
I’m intrigued by the Folklore brick as well. I mentioned it to SWMBO and she has already put the kibosh on that notion. So I’ll have to live vicariously through you all who get some. 😉

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I dunno, nothing “special” about this blend, except the dark fired. Not a special honey, or rare Va, or decades old Perique. Gonna have to think hard on this one. Not to mention it’s in bulk so harder to trade if it’s ho-hum.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I dunno, nothing “special” about this blend, except the dark fired. Not a special honey, or rare Va, or decades old Perique. Gonna have to think hard on this one. Not to mention it’s in bulk so harder to trade if it’s ho-hum.
All valid points, especially the trading part. I may just wait for their annual spring LE releases.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
All valid points, especially the trading part. I may just wait for their annual spring LE releases.

I have no doubt it will be decent if not great, but C&D has a couple cakes that are pretty good already. If it was a whole leaf plug I would be all over it tho

A tin or two of Escudo is Always the answer.
I actually think the last time I smoked escudo was 4 years ago when a friend of a friend brought in a tin of 20 year old. Haven't wanted to pop a tin with so many open jars of other VaPers and LBF.

Not that I don't keep buying more Escudo.

A bunch of us stocked up on CD Speakeasy when it came out. It is aging nicely and I'm glad I got 10 Tins of it 4-5 years ago. Most of my cellar is at least 4 years old. I have a lot of options.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I caved. Picked up a Nording Compass for a work pipe since I’m framing up a house now.

Last edited:

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
My tin of Rattray's Accountants Mixture arrived yesterday, along with a little Peterson fishtail. It was a cool day of nonstop rain. I stood on the porch and had a bowlful. I had forgotten how smooth this tobacco is. It also has a very well balanced flavor. Even though it was moist, one match took care of everything, even after just holding it for a few minutes to chat with a passing neighbor. I am very pleased with both items.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I went back and forth on the Folklore. I decided if it was still available this morning I’d pick some up. Looks like my decision was made for me.
I read somewhere that there were only 1k bricks released so it doesn’t surprise me they sold out.

Top Bottom