What's new

In stock tobacco thread

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Image1.jpg

Give into the dark side. Think of the money you’re saving. 1 box is equal to the cost of 8 tins.
Like 4 1/2, but it's not about cost. FVF would be the only one I would seriously consider, but I have 3 pounds of it already. For once, with Christmas and weddings and family vacations and the three orders I've already placed at SP in the last month...I'm going to be responsible.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Like 4 1/2, but it's not about cost. FVF would be the only one I would seriously consider, but I have 3 pounds of it already. For once, with Christmas and weddings and family vacations and the three orders I've already placed at SP in the last month...I'm going to be responsible.
I’m with you. I still grabbed a pound of best ground because of the savings.

I never buy FVF. I have a tin from 2009 I’m working on. So decided to splurg and try the plug

I’m with you. I still grabbed a pound of best ground because of the savings.

I never buy FVF. I have a tin from 2009 I’m working on. So decided to splurg and try the plug
I have several tins from 2011-2012, which is why I was comfortable not pulling the trigger.

The plug was gone by the time I got around to looking, thankfully, because that probably would have pushed me over the edge.

Iwan Ries is loading their Samuel Gawith on their site right now, including Full Virginia Plug and St. James Plug.

Several of my pipe smoking buddies don’t order from them because of the tax reporting. Iwan Ries doesn’t collect sales tax for online purchases like larger retailers do, but IL state law requires them to report it to the buyer’s state. So for some states, the state comes after the buyer for tax money months later.

Other retailers will likely be posting their SG shortly, but this one is happening in the meantime.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Iwan Ries is loading their Samuel Gawith on their site right now, including Full Virginia Plug and St. James Plug.

Several of my pipe smoking buddies don’t order from them because of the tax reporting. Iwan Ries doesn’t collect sales tax for online purchases like larger retailers do, but IL state law requires them to report it to the buyer’s state. So for some states, the state comes after the buyer for tax money months later.

Other retailers will likely be posting their SG shortly, but this one is happening in the meantime.

Arlington Pipe and Cigar Lounge in Arlington, IL is the same way. It's got to be something with the Peoples Republic of Illinois tax structure.
Arlington does not allow anyone in Illinois to order online. You have to go to the shop or buy over the phone so they can levy the sales tax.

Top Bottom