What's new

"in original case"

Has anyone else noticed that if a razor auction says "in original case" the chances are close to nil that is actually the correct case? The favorite razor/case mismatch seems to be the gold ball handled Tech in an Aristocrat case.

What's your favorite eBay warning phrase?

"razor was never used". I love this one and it's funny when this phrase appears next to a razor with a blade in it or an empty blade pack.

How about "Mint condition" and "shave ready"? Seems those descriptions rarely (if ever) fit the item being sold...

One of my favorite tecniques they use is the perfectly in focus distant pictures and the blurry close-ups
Some early or cheap cameras have only a single fixed focus. With the camera I had two years ago anything closer than two or three feet was hopelessly blurred but it took nice distant pictures. Some of my greatest bargains on eBay have had a single blurry picture.

I bought a couple of "never used" razors that had dried scum and hair on the lower plate. One "new" razor I bought had a blade rusted inside. I don't think I ever got the right case with a razor. Luckily I never bid over $10 or $12 for any eBay razor.

Lately what strikes me as funny are all the Super Speeds and Techs being advertised as Fatboys. That makes the bids go higher. "Needs a little cleaning" is a good understatement.

Richard

I bought one of those Gold tech razors in a Aristocrat case on purpose at a low bid just to get the case for my Gold Aristocrat. I try to get some of these mismatched razor auctions cheaply to match up a case and a current razor. I plan to sell any I don't need at a later date.

I like the ones where the top of the doors have been polished and cleaned, and then all the pictures are taken so that the handle is out of focus and you don't see behind the razor head. Makes even a gunky razor look tip top.

How about when they put the condition as "Minty" which I assume means almost "mint" but they can side step that claim but still get the word in.

I always down-grade every claim made on e-bay. Not just razors but anything I buy such as books, records etc. If they say "excellent condtion" then I figure "good" to "very good". If they say "good condition" then I figure it is probably "fair". I learned early on Ebay to NEVER buy anything that requires electrical power such as radio, receivers, tape decks etc.

Agreed. There is a beautiful red tipped super speed going around on ebay. Successive higher prices. Amazing action inflation. Billed as NOS. Yet the blades are opened (not in cellophane) and missing some. How can that be?

Top Bottom