What's new

I'm tired of getting sniped

Once again, with 5 seconds to go, I got sniped on FleaBay for an OC Ball-end...

Can anyone recommend a good and safe sniping program I can use myself?

I used to sit with a stop watch and not hit the final ebay 'buy' button until under five seconds were left before the sale closed but it's been years since i've done any bidding on ebay. Was quite successful, only lost when someone already had a bid in that was more then i was prepared to pay. Not sure whether programs to do this were very prevalent back then.

dave

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Make your best first and final bid and forget about it. Perhaps you'll receive an email confirming your win. There is always another razor, brush, etc etc etc

I use Gixen, but even then the snipes frequently get out sniped. I put in my max and walk away. If I check how an auction is going I tend to increase my limit.

Ok guys, Please quit giving me sound advice with common sense as a side dish!! :lol::lol::lol:

I want revenge!!!!:cursing::a13::a33::a53::a41::a30::a49::a7::a6::death::hang:

I do (sometimes) put in the max I'll pay and walk away.. it's when I watch that gets me in-trouble and out-raged.

Make your best first and final bid and forget about it. Perhaps you'll receive an email confirming your win. There is always another razor, brush, etc etc etc

That's my take on it, as well. I know what I'm willing to pay for an item. What others are willing to pay for it doesn't enter into that. Some folks seem to take losing an internet auction personally. No sense to that.

Open multiple browsers

Load bids in each of them

Starting at 8 seconds to close run down the set bids and wack away.

That's my take on it, as well. I know what I'm willing to pay for an item. What others are willing to pay for it doesn't enter into that. Some folks seem to take losing an internet auction personally. No sense to that.

I RESEMBLE that remark!! :001_rolle

This. I know what I'm prepared to pay for something, and if someone wants to pay more then good luck to them. I've got better things to do than mess about sniping.

I very rarely even look at auctions. If something doesn't have a buy it now option, I just pass it by. I don't like to shop when go to a store, and I don't want to haggle on an internet auction site. I can either get it, or I can't.

The existence of sites/apps designed to cherry pick stuff for people off another site is somewhat troubling to me. They should just call them Skynet or Hal.

Yeah common razors just bid once early or late, you'll win one sooner or later or keep an eye out for a good BIN.

Bid twenty dollars more than you want to pay, then pray someone will out bid you.

You'll find yourself rooting for other people. :lol:

It's frustrating when you lose out on these.

What functionality would a third-party app offer over the maximum bid functionality within eBay?

Don't bid on items that other's are bidding on. If you do, make sure you really, really want it and then bid a little more than you really want to pay. You'll either get it or feel good about not getting it.

I spend more time looking for items where the seller isn't Ebay savvy and makes searching for their item harder. I just got a good 6/8 straight for $10 including shipping with no other bidders. The size wasn't listed in the title and it wasn't a W&B.

Top Bottom