What's new

Tire Inflation - manual or powered?

I still have the DeWalt dual tank air compressor I used when I was in construction to run my nail guns. Based on this thread, I did some checking on Amazon and ordered this one. I'll report back after I've used it.

Why do I need one now? Both our cars have built-in tire pressure sensors but using them to inflate the tires is a pain. You think you are there.... wait a couple minutes and it updates to a few pounds higher, usually.... I would love a real time tire gauge and this one, I can connect to my air hose and get the inflation spot on... or so I hope.

I remember checking out that compressor years ago. Went with the Makita MAC5200 instead. Little bit more air to run my plasma cutter.
I got the Milton inline gauge for tires, although the one you are getting looks like it would be easier to read.
Seems pretty accurate, as I check it with a hand held digital.
I've got a couple other smaller compressors for the riding mower and hand truck tires.
I find it hard to believe that those little 12v portable units would inflate a truck tire to 80psi

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I remember checking out that compressor years ago. Went with the Makita MAC5200 instead. Little bit more air to run my plasma cutter.
I got the Milton inline gauge for tires, although the one you are getting looks like it would be easier to read.
Seems pretty accurate, as I check it with a hand held digital.
I've got a couple other smaller compressors for the riding mower and hand truck tires.
I find it hard to believe that those little 12v portable units would inflate a truck tire to 80psi
I got mine right after DeWalt bought that company with the blue tanks... What was its name? That's what this one is... but painted yellow. My memory is like a sieve these days...

Edit: found it.... Emglo.. I think

TPMS is a guide only. I check the pressure routinely and inspect the tires. Recently found a chunk of sidewall missing from wife's front tire. Had the car towed for replacement, wasn't safe to drive.

Power pump tire inflation for this old man.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've got a couple foot pumps that get used for bicycle & wheelbarrow tires only. The truck has been fed with one of the little DC pumps that fit in the spare tire compartment until the newest vehicle, when it wouldn't. Shortly thereafter it died. Ended up getting a DeWalt cordless that is also too big, but doesn't require repairing dc wires than got slammed in a door while moving around the vehicle. And I didn't need batteries or a charger. SO far so good, the pressure on the pump matches my hand gauge and usually matches the remote readings.
1704067111236.png

I've got a couple foot pumps that get used for bicycle & wheelbarrow tires only. The truck has been fed with one of the little DC pumps that fit in the spare tire compartment until the newest vehicle, when it wouldn't. Shortly thereafter it died. Ended up getting a DeWalt cordless that is also too big, but doesn't require repairing dc wires than got slammed in a door while moving around the vehicle. And I didn't need batteries or a charger. SO far so good, the pressure on the pump matches my hand gauge and usually matches the remote readings.
View attachment 1773087
Does this DeWalt have automatic shut off when it reaches the amount of pressure you select?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
View attachment 1773087
Looks like something i should own.

I keep a powered air pump in all the cars, cheap insurance when you need to fill a spare which is always flat when you need it.

Btw I can’t stand the TPMS on my wife’s Buick, you need a special computerized tool to reset it EVERY-TIME you rotate the tires and it’s a long process, good job GM :a6:

My Chrysler, rotate them at will, the computer will find and reset the locations automatically for you, no tool required for basic maintenance. And my car is 4 years older then my wife’s.

Larry

Top Bottom