What's new

I'm A Lavender Junkie

I always love looking at your shaving pictures, Sarimento. All the colors always seem to pop out at you.

I will look into the cream. It sounds intriguing.

thanks, lmill! Too much fun!

For lavender water, you might try Whole Foods or one of the mall health & fragrance shops.

I currently own Castle Forbes Lavender, Mikes Hungarian and, DR Harris Lavender. I'd probably say that I like them in about that order. I also do the Trader Joes Lavender bath soap sometimes.

I'll jump on the lavender junkie band wagon. D.R. Harris Lavender Water is my favorite take on Lavender. Could almost drink the stuff.

Count me in. I also love both the RR KOTC and Chianti lavender (which has no wine notes) soaps, and the King Louis aftershave lotion. mmmmmm. . .

The Jeff's Lavender from Mystic Water is the best lavender scent I've ever smelled. She also has a Wild Lavender scent that is much more herbal and slightly medicinal, which is really nice, especially if you prefer that herbal lavender smell.

But the Jeff's scent is just heavenly. Not too herbal and not completely floral, but nicely right in between. If you are a lavender fan you owe it to yourself to at least get a sample of this stuff to try.

The Jeff's Lavender from Mystic Water is the best lavender scent I've ever smelled. She also has a Wild Lavender scent that is much more herbal and slightly medicinal, which is really nice, especially if you prefer that herbal lavender smell.

But the Jeff's scent is just heavenly. Not too herbal and not completely floral, but nicely right in between. If you are a lavender fan you owe it to yourself to at least get a sample of this stuff to try.

Unfortunately, I'm in the crowd that cannot get MW to lather. I have not tried it for a while though. Maybe I should get another sample to see if anything has changed.

Last edited:
I just got a puck of Oxford and Cambridge that has a nice lavender vibe

A very nice lavender vibe! C&S O&C has got to be my favorite smelling shave soap.

I think this thread has really shown me what a lavender junkie I really am.

Lavender is a great, indulgent smell. Part of me feels a bit weird when using lavender stuff as my wife likes the "spicy" scents, but I really enjoyed the couple months I used some Yardley lavender tallow bath soap. I do really want to try the RR Chianti Lavender though.

I'm a huge lavender junkie, too. It's the only scent that I concurrently own more than 1 brand of. My favourite so far is TOBS-absolutely divine!

I love lavender. Mike's Hungarian Lavender Soap is pretty darn good, AoS cream is mighty nice too.

I haven't had Mike's Hungarian, AOS Cream was my first Lavender and I loved it. AOS is the scent I use when comparing Lavenders.

Castle Forbes Lavender is my #1 cream.

I just traded for some on the B/S/T, used it once to check it out but I'm holding off regular use til Spring. The Cream in the jar is very thick & rich, so is the lather after building. The shave was very good, and the scent was intoxicating, much as I found AOS cream, since they are close in price I'd go with CF over AOS.

BTW, I like to follow it up with Catalyst by Halston, a moisturizing AS splash with a spicy Lavender scent.

I too love lavender. The first shaving item I developed an obsession with was the Musgo Real Glyce Lavender pre-shave soap. Then came the lavender cream, soap, Musgo Real #4 cologne, and lavender oil to add to MWF lather.

I am interested in Musgo's Lavender cologne. Does it smell of true lavender or a blend? If a blend then a blend of what?

Chris

I believe I have that soap in my den, but haven't used it. Recently I've been using a puck of her Irish Traveller.

Top Bottom