What's new

Ikon Shavecraft Tech vs Spitfire R41: Godzilla vs Mothra

My Tech arrived today so I decided to give it a try. Kai blade, Tabac soap and my usual three pass shave. WOW. You can feel a blade on your skin. I don't know if it more aggressive then my R41(2013) but it feels different. I got my closest shave ever with no irritation. Decided to use for month exclusively in order to master it and then try R41 again.
I suspect it will be a love story.

Congratulations Felix! Yes, the ST has a lot of blade feel to my face, but in a good way! I know by that feel the hairs are going down... After a while you might find you can do with 2 passes rather than 3. I use a 2 pass steep angle approach and the shave lasts longer than with my R41. I fell in love with the ST from my first shave with it. My R41 is getting dusty.

First shave last night with the SC Tech on MR11 handle. Used same prep, same soap, same blade, same post shave as I do with my R41-13. Very nice shave! A bit more blade feel than the R41, closer to a devette. I was surprised that it did indeed leave a different skin feel on my face as mentioned in this thread. I'm baffled as to why, but it's true.
I found myself wishing the MR11 handle was just a LITTLE bit longer, but will have to see if I adapt to it The spot I wanted to hold it left my pinky hanging out in thin air - I thought I could rest it on the end.
I also picked up the V3A head, so will give that a try next shave.
JM, did you ever run this test? If so, what was the result? Couldn't find it in this thread?

JM, did you ever run this test? If so, what was the result? Couldn't find it in this thread?

The V3A? Yes, I didn't like it much. It required too shallow of an angle, and my skin doesn't like shallow angle for whatever reason. I gave it away. It had a reasonable amount of blade feel and the person I gave it to seemed to like it. :)

As for the handle, I ended up with a longer and lighter Perfecto handle that I've been using for quite awhile.

The V3A? Yes, I didn't like it much. It required too shallow of an angle, and my skin doesn't like shallow angle for whatever reason. I gave it away. It had a reasonable amount of blade feel and the person I gave it to seemed to like it. :)

As for the handle, I ended up with a longer and lighter Perfecto handle that I've been using for quite awhile.
Thanks. Was it aggressive (assuming the use of shallow angle) like the iTech and 2011 R41?

Like you, I don't much like shallow angles either. One of the reasons I'm not hot on the SEs. I find the R41 works best at a shallow angle. Fatips too. The Fatip is amazingly smooth though and I could see myself perhaps getting to like it.

Thanks. Was it aggressive (assuming the use of shallow angle) like the iTech and 2011 R41?

Like you, I don't much like shallow angles either. One of the reasons I'm not hot on the SEs. I find the R41 works best at a shallow angle. Fatips too. The Fatip is amazingly smooth though and I could see myself perhaps getting to like it.
I'd say it was more moderate. Nothing like the iTech or even R41-13...
I also found the Fatip very smooth but also more of a shallow angle shaver. I gave that away too. LOL
So far, the iTech is the only razor for me. :001_cool:

I'd say it was more moderate. Nothing like the iTech or even R41-13...
I also found the Fatip very smooth but also more of a shallow angle shaver. I gave that away too. LOL
So far, the iTech is the only razor for me. :001_cool:
It's funny how in this world of shave brothers, one finds those who share similar preferences. It's helpful because I know to pay particular attention to what some fellows write. Going forward I'll have antennae up for your thoughts as I do for Scott's, whereas I take Frank's suggestions with a grain of salt. Not because he's in any way wrong (there is no right or wrong here); but rather just because his preferences don't seem to align as well with mine.

Haven't seen any pics in here lately...

SOTD_051318.JPG

Top Bottom