What's new

Ikon Shavecraft Tech vs Spitfire R41: Godzilla vs Mothra

Have you guys tried the devette?
Even less smooth than the ST but really quite incredible...

I've avoided it, as I fear it's a gateway to the straight rabbit hole, which I believe is the only one I've avoided so far. [MENTION=80140]davidsilva[/MENTION] sent me to a site with nice looking DEvettes but, thank the shaving gods, they were sold out. David introduced me to the Ikon Tech, by the way. He also sent me my first Schick injector, which sent me down that rabbit hole. Thanks, David!

I've avoided it, as I fear it's a gateway to the straight rabbit hole, which I believe is the only one I've avoided so far. @davidsilva sent me to a site with nice looking DEvettes but, thank the shaving gods, they were sold out. David introduced me to the Ikon Tech, by the way. He also sent me my first Schick injector, which sent me down that rabbit hole. Thanks, David!
The straight rabbit hole is very deep.

[MENTION=80140]davidsilva[/MENTION] sent me to a site with nice looking DEvettes but, thank the shaving gods, they were sold out. David introduced me to the Ikon Tech, by the way. He also sent me my first Schick injector, which sent me down that rabbit hole. Thanks, David!

Heh heh - why thank you, and you're welcome Scott! I didn't mention before - without realising I bought the last devette on that Etsy store - it arrived today... I'll give it a try tomorrow - I am willing to lend it to you Scott - I promise I won't give you a push into the hole...[emoji106][emoji23]...

Marcus - thanks for the push your posts gave me on this one!!![emoji106]

Heh heh - why thank you, and you're welcome Scott! I didn't mention before - without realising I bought the last devette on that Etsy store - it arrived today... I'll give it a try tomorrow - I am willing to lend it to you Scott - I promise I won't give you a push into the hole...[emoji106][emoji23]...

Marcus - thanks for the push your posts gave me on this one!!![emoji106]

Thanks, David. I look forward to your report on that monster!

P.S. I love rabbit holes.

Last edited:
muhle r41 2011 is a notch more aggressive than ikon shavecraft tech, joris plisson and muhle r41 2013 and even compared to merkur vision wide open still r41 2011 has the nod

Last edited:
If you want more blade exposure from a Tech, try a postwar Tech baseplate(US, Canadian, or England made) with a NEW Deluxe or LC cap. Seem like that's what a Shavecraft Tech is.

YMMV

imagine what can happen if you shim muhle r41 2011 with 2 shims
If you want more blade exposure from a Tech, try a postwar Tech baseplate(US, Canadian, or England made) with a NEW Deluxe or LC cap. Seem like that's what a Shavecraft Tech is.

YMMV

View attachment 655757View attachment 655758

this is blade expoure of muhle r41 2011 compared to r41 2013
see the difference
but the blade angle is almost 100% flat an unchanged in both versions
blade angle is number one factor for aggression followed by blade exposure and blade gap
this is a pic of ikon
blade exposure is more aggressive than muhle r41 2013 but blace angle is more shallow on ikon
you can see if someone puts two shims on muhle r41 2011 which is the prototype but its aggression was difficult for a lot to get accustomed to it
View attachment 655759

from this pic as well as in my previous post i think it is obvious that ikon shavecraft tech doesn't have the amount of blade exposure of original muhle r41 2011 but more important it hasn't the almost flat blade angle as the blade curvature is significant more on ikon

Attachments

• $eb861983c04e180b974546e3020ae054.jpg
    $eb861983c04e180b974546e3020ae054.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 94
So because I was going away camping for two days, I thought I'd try out the longevity value of the Shavecraft Tech with a Feather DE.
Was it a top combination?
proxy.php

Yes it was!
And actually the Feather paired very well with the ST.
No nicks, no weepers and of course no irritation, just as good a shave as can be had on this Earth.

Thanks guys!
So what other blades work well in the Shavecraft Tech?

I've only had mine a month, but so far the Personna Lab Blue and Astra SP both seem to be a good fit. Voskhod not so much. I want to say it prefers sharper blades but still experimenting.

For me, all my blades work well. Rapira, Voskhod, GSB, etc. I guess I am blade tolerant[emoji89][emoji15] But for some indescribable reason, the Astra SPs are my favorite...

My Tech arrived today so I decided to give it a try. Kai blade, Tabac soap and my usual three pass shave. WOW. You can feel a blade on your skin. I don't know if it more aggressive then my R41(2013) but it feels different. I got my closest shave ever with no irritation. Decided to use for month exclusively in order to master it and then try R41 again.
I suspect it will be a love story.

My Tech arrived today so I decided to give it a try. Kai blade, Tabac soap and my usual three pass shave. WOW. You can feel a blade on your skin. I don't know if it more aggressive then my R41(2013) but it feels different. I got my closest shave ever with no irritation. Decided to use for month exclusively in order to master it and then try R41 again.
I suspect it will be a love story.

If you're like me, it most certainly will be.

Top Bottom