What's new

If you have used ANY version of the R41, this poll is for you.

Which version(s) of the R41 have you used?

• 2011 only, and I still use it

• 2013 only, and I still use it

• 2011 only, and I don't use it anymore

• 2013 only, and I don't use it anymore

• 2011 and 2013, and still use ONLY 2011

• 2011 and 2013, and still use ONLY 2013

• 2011 and 2013, and still use both

• 2011 and 2013, and don't use either anymore

Results are only viewable after voting.
Every time I think I'm developing a preference for one or the other, I'll get a shave that's either a little too rough, or not close enough, and that'll cause me to switch to the other one. Then, I'll swear that one is better, and after a few shaves, I'll have the same experience and switch back. One thing is for sure, though; either one of them will shave closer than anything in my storage chest. Every once in a while, just for the sake of variety, I'll use something else, and I always walk away with an inferior shave. The R41 just works wonders for me. I'm going to keep watch for an affordable offering for one of those above. (I know... Eclipse red ring? Affordable?) As long as I'm careful not to overpay, I shouldn't have a problem unloading it if it doesn't work out.

^ I strongly prefer the other two (Swing and Heljestrand) over the Eclipse, the Eclipse is nice because it can be very mild too (it is a thin and light weight razor), but the Swing will go from aggressive to super aggressive (feels real sturdy and has a good weight).

Last edited:
The R41 was way to harsh for me. I used mine four times then sold it. Only used the 2011 version, not interested in the 2013.

2013. Close shave but still trying to improve the experience. Think a heavier handle will help. Bulldog on the way.

2011 cured me of RAD. Seriously. (except that I have 2 of them). I also have a 2013 because I wanted to get a GRANDE handle and rather than order it with a R89 GRANDE, I ordered it as R41 GRANDE. I can't get a better shave than with the 2011, but if I need a quick clean up and haven't had 24 hours between shaves, I'll use the 2013 or R89 to keep my skin from getting irritated. I discovered that Personna Med Prep blades feel smoother on "day 1" use of the blade than Feathers, which I always used before. So now, I am really experimenting with the 2011 and different blades other than the Feather. The 2011 remains my "daily" shaver. If only in Stainless...

Top Bottom