What's new

If I had to use only one shaving soap from now on, I would use......

I got the sample pucks of the Electric Sheep, Cherry & Barbershop. All are excellent. The cherry should be avoided if hungry, since the scent is intoxicatingly intense. It seems to be the same formula as the Sheep. The Barbershop is maybe a little different formula (brown in color) but is also worth having.
The Electric Sheep is made with mutton tallow and the Black Cherry and Barbershop are made with beef tallow. The mutton tallow soaps some have said lather better than the beef tallow soaps but there is something about the mutton tallow that won't allow the scents to be true to the beef tallow counterparts....

Prolly one of these... :)

soaps.jpg

I would like to turn this thread into a vote to capture the information graphically however the voting feature is currently limited to only ten possible answers. To list all of the popular soap brands I would need around 100 choices.

I Coloniali

Easy choice. Too bad is now discontinued and I only have a used soap left.

So to be more realistic, my choice would be a shaving stick. La Toja maybe, or Palmolive.

Black Ship Grooming's 'Ghost Ship'! Great lather, amazing scent, great lubrication! I often just go in the bathroom and open the tub just to take a big wiff! I'm hoping they come out with a Ghost Ship bath soap.

It's a very tough call between MWF and Cella, but I think I have to go with Cella. MWF performs better, but I love the scent of Cella so much. Smelling it while I shave is such a pleasure!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

20190902_084653.jpg

I'd choose the shaving soap that I make for myself. It's formulated to my preferred specifications, I can make more when I need it, and there's an abundance of fragrances available online to choose from so I'll never be bored with any particular scent.

Top Bottom