What's new

If I had to use only one shaving soap from now on, I would use......

I have the MWF ceramic jar on the way. Would you share your dialed in secrets?
The key, for me, has been soft water and heavily loading the brush. And I'm more satisfied with the control over adding water face lathering rather than using my scuttle. One tip I've gleaned from other threads, which seems to actually work, is lathering benefits from some time. I do a four pass shave, and with each pass the lather gets creamier. But the water is the main thing. When I lived with hard water, it was difficult to get a lather with MWF that didn't collapse. Now, I'm getting a very slick, yogurty lather.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The key, for me, has been soft water and heavily loading the brush. And I'm more satisfied with the control over adding water face lathering rather than using my scuttle. One tip I've gleaned from other threads, which seems to actually work, is lathering benefits from some time. I do a four pass shave, and with each pass the lather gets creamier. But the water is the main thing. When I lived with hard water, it was difficult to get a lather with MWF that didn't collapse. Now, I'm getting a very slick, yogurty lather.

That’s a little discouraging. My water is very hard. I may need to use the distilled water I keep for my CPAP.

Absolutely use distilled water. You can decant some into a smaller bottle to keep in your den, and it only takes a teaspoon or two per shave.

This is what I do and it works well for me. The only downside is that the lather feels cold on my face. I don’t have it in me to go to the kitchen and heat it up in the microwave just for a little bit of water.

I have really bee enjoying Stirling Soaps this past year. Their Christmas Eve has been my favorite one so far. I wish it wasn't seasonal. I should have bought more when I did. I am currently using their Barbershop scent. Their post-shave balms are wonderful as well.

This is what I do and it works well for me. The only downside is that the lather feels cold on my face. I don’t have it in me to go to the kitchen and heat it up in the microwave just for a little bit of water.
I recommend using a scuttle. You can fill it with hot tap water and still use distilled water for the lather.

Top Bottom