What's new

I think I love menthol: what’s the most mentholated

I’ve taken to menthol soaps, preshave and aftershaves innthr summer. I have Proraso soap post and pre (green) and a discontinued menthol by noble otter. But I want more menthol.

I’ve heard Ingram from Egypt is the best. What do you guys suggest?

There are many out there. I also like menthol soaps and aftershave.
To me hands down the most is Oleo polar. This is closely followed by fine snake bite and chiseled face cryogen. To me the best smelling with menthol is Kramperts frost bite.
You will get more suggestions but to me those are the best.
FYI B@M is coming out with a new soap and AS that features menthol in July.
Most that I am referring is aftershave

Get some peppermint oil. It will make your lather smell like peppermint (which isn't a bad thing) and 1-3 drops will give any lather a nice cool kick.

Last edited:
Following my own advice from above I whipped a couple of drops of peppermint oil into my lather for the first time since last summer. I had forgotten how enjoyable it was! The lather with the peppermint oil alone had that menthol-like cooling effect but if you continually rinse the razor off in cold water, the chilled razor adds even more to the effect. If you really want to take it to the next level you could rinse your face in cold water too. Talk about bracing! I topped off the shave with some Osage Rub which amplified the whole experience even more. It all makes for a great summer shave!

In my opinion, Proraso green is barely mentholated. You can get more of that sensation by whipping a few drops of peppermint oil into your lather. I don't think I've ever used more than 3 drops. Osage Rub aftershave most definitely has a higher freeze factor than Proraso. It's one of the strongest if not the strongest products out there. With the eucalyptus it goes on with kind of a medicinal scent but it dissipates pretty quickly into a more powdery scent. It's not a lingering scent and it won't compete with any scents you might want to put on top of it.

Any of the Stirling glacial soaps are loaded with menthol. I love their glacial lemon chill on a hot humid morning. Be prepared to freeze!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I’ve taken to menthol soaps, preshave and aftershaves innthr summer. I have Proraso soap post and pre (green) and a discontinued menthol by noble otter. But I want more menthol.

I’ve heard Ingram from Egypt is the best. What do you guys suggest?
Bigelow is rather potent in menthol. I tried it and it was too much for me. It is Mfg. by Proraso. Godej (Indian) gets good reviews.

Here are some pretty cool menthol soaps:

Chiseled Face Groomatorium
Cryogen (mega mighty menthol)​
Stirling Soap Co. (the Glacial soaps are a bit chillier than the Menthol soaps.)
Glacial (breathtaking chill)
Black Cherry
Eskimo Tuxedo
Lemon Chill
Obsidian
Satsuma
Spearmint
Wintergreen​
Menthol (civilized chill)
Frozen Tundra (grass/dirt/menthol)
Margaritas in the Arctic
Iced Pineapple
Orange Chill
Gin & Tonic on the Rocks​
Barrister & Mann (these soaps are all seasonal offerings)
Adagio (mild menthol: cherry blossoms/leaves/sap/menthol)
Arctique (mighty menthol: pepper/peppermint/menthol)
First Snow (medium menthol: fir/leather/menthol)​
Fine Accoutrements
Snake Bite (neat menthol)​
Oleo Soap Works
Polar (menthol)​
Phoenix & Beau
Denali (peppermint/eucalyptus/camphor/menthol)​
Saliski Soaps
Frigid (peppermint/eucalyptus/menthol)​
Meißner Tremonia
Mint Ice Menthol (perfect peppermint chill)
Gentle Menthol (rosemary/lavender/eucalyptus/menthol)​

I heard that Wet The Face's Cold Fusion is supposed to be the most mentholated soap on the market today. Personally, Stirling mentholated hit my menthol sweet spot. The Glacials are already a bit too much for me (and my eyes). I also love Proraso, but the menthol is a bit less than Stirling's. The weakest mentholated soap in my den is the Valobra with menthol, and therefore mentholwise a bit disapointing.

Stirling Glacials=Downright frigid

Stirling Frozen Tundra=Very cold but comfy.

Soap Smooth Frozen Cranberry=Very cold

Krampert’s Frostbite=Quite cold

Rick

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Buttered up with Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo for the first time the other day. Made my eyes water . . . but I liked it!

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
You can buy Menthol essential oil and add to any soap or cream you have. As much or as little as you like.

Go get some Menthol-Crystals and maybe a salt grinder.
Then you can add menthol in a lather bowl with every soap you own. :)

Top Bottom