What's new

I think Gillette is on to us

(the Adventures of Rust Boy quickly come to mind)

RustBoy would welcome his newer brethren....provided they are built with the same commitment to quality that he was built with. A new razor today is an heirloom razor tomorrow.

One of my high school classmates is an engineer for Gillette back home in Southie and he told me there's been no re-tooling of any machines there.

What do they produce at that plant?
A whole lot of stuff- proglides, some blades, I don't know what else. I'm sure others here know. Its their worldwide headquarters. R and D are there as well. I posted it because so many American posters are asking if the new shaver will be fabricated in the USA.

A whole lot of stuff- proglides, some blades, I don't know what else. I'm sure others here know. Its their worldwide headquarters. R and D are there as well. I posted it because so many American posters are asking if the new shaver will be fabricated in the USA.

Thanks for the information.

Thanks for the information.
I wish I knew more. As I wrote, someone here will be able to tell us not only what is manufactured there but also what brand of sugar they offer in the cafeteria and what brand of light bulbs and toilet paper they use. This board is amazing that way.

So after the Tech reissue my bet is that the Common Bar Handle New would be next into production. A favorite razor that wouldn't require much production engineering.

Somehow this reminds me of when Target was selling those big 1960s style GI Joes, reproductions.

Following. Here's to hoping that it isn't Zamak . . . but I suspect that the head probably will be.

Then again, I may still buy one depending on the specifics . . .

Oh boy a new DE Gillette made in China FHT that is not as nice as the vintage made in USA FHT but at only $175, Awesome! Those new proprietary blades for $24.95 for a pack of 5, so sweet!
What till they release the Weishi Fat boy at $650, it will make everyone run out and buy two!
Like anything Gillette does these days it will be overhyped, overpriced, underpreforming, piece of junk.

Oh boy a new DE Gillette made in China FHT that is not as nice as the vintage made in USA FHT but at only $175, Awesome! Those new proprietary blades for $24.95 for a pack of 5, so sweet!
What till they release the Weishi Fat boy at $650, it will make everyone run out and buy two!
Like anything Gillette does these days it will be overhyped, overpriced, underpreforming, piece of junk.

So do you think you'll buy one?

So no update in this other than speculation I see. I'll stick to my Weishi and MicroTouch One (now that I think k I got it dialed in after three weeks.

I do like this though

$download.jpg

Top Bottom