What's new

I think Gillette is on to us

This is the thread that won't die. 5 years from now there still won't be a new Gillette DE but we'll still be talking about it. LOL.

This is the thread that won't die. 5 years from now there still won't be a new Gillette DE but we'll still be talking about it. LOL.

Spot on!

Quick, OP or mod... Close this thread lol! At this point it's just free advertising for Gillette and AOS haha

Gillette is on to us, but it won't be in the form of a new DE, it will be the subscription service for razors, or it will be trying to provide a truly long-lasting 16 blade cartridge.

Quick, OP or mod... Close this thread lol! At this point it's just free advertising for Gillette and AOS haha

But but but... I was just in Art of Shaving a couple days ago and they had a rusty DE blade on the floor. CLEARLY this is a nod to the old DE razors therefor there MUST be a new Gillette on the way that will be a Super Duper Extra Special Edition that's individually numbered and used once on a living Gillette family member. Of course when I asked the hipster sales clerk about it he said he didn't know what I was talking about. EXACTLY what they WANT us to believe! But it is coming. I'm positive of it.

Maybe it was like Paladin brushes. A limited number were made, offered without fanfare, and sold out within 2 minutes.

I was at the AoS in Vegas a month ago and they said the razor was still coming, but was delayed due to quality issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at the AoS in Vegas a month ago and they said the razor was still coming, but was delayed due to quality issues.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds suspiciously like Rockwell with
That new TTO adjustable the one that
Looks a lot like a Slim. The difference
Being that Rockwell will actually follow
Through and release their razor and i
For one wouldn't mind owning one.

Gillette is on to us, but it won't be in the form of a new DE, it will be the subscription service for razors, or it will be trying to provide a truly long-lasting 16 blade cartridge.
I think they may have recently started a
Subscription program ?

Actually AOS will be trotting out the new Kingsman DE and brush set very soon. Or at least that is what I was told a week ago. We shall see. Coming to a theater near you, real soon.......

I wish they would hurry up so I can stop holding my breath, I'm turning blue!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ok not sure if it's the Kingsman but a buddy was just in AOS in Beachwood Ohio. He said the young lady that was working there brought out some display advertising for their new DE razor. He said it looked very much like an old Gillette DE. Unfortunately he didn't get a chance to take a pic but now I've got to try and go in there and see what they have. PS I know he's not blowing smoke as I am the OP of this thread and saw similar ads at the AOS when I posted. Now I've got to get some pics so this doesn't seem like we are looking for Bigfoot.

Ok not sure if it's the Kingsman but a buddy was just in AOS in Beachwood Ohio. He said the young lady that was working there brought out some display advertising for their new DE razor. He said it looked very much like an old Gillette DE. Unfortunately he didn't get a chance to take a pic but now I've got to try and go in there and see what they have. PS I know he's not blowing smoke as I am the OP of this thread and saw similar ads at the AOS when I posted. Now I've got to get some pics so this doesn't seem like we are looking for Bigfoot.
Well, the AoS website shows a Kingsman Collection Safety Razor, but it's clearly a modern design:
proxy.php

Well, the AoS website shows a Kingsman Collection Safety Razor, but it's clearly a modern design:
proxy.php

Well that's cool and all but unless you want that specific handle then you can get the same/similar head + the handle of your choosing (probably for a lot less money) from any of the reputable dealers commonly spoken of around B&B.

Maggard, WC shaving, IB, etc

Top Bottom