What's new

I Own An Offical Indiana Jones Crystal Skull Hat

Wow Mark! Well done. I have heard of Adventure Built before and have NEVER seen one negative comment about them. Congratulations.

I check out the Lounge sometimes and have really come to appreciate hats a lot more. I still don't think I can pull of a fedora style hat but I am seriously considering contacting Art Fawcett to see if he can make up a Homburg for me. I have a rather large jaw line and this combined with a size 7-1/2 long oval noggin make fedoras a tricky matter for me. Brim size gets weird in a hurry. A stingy brim looks downright clownish on me. Almost like a beanie. So a decent brim is a must. I can pull off western styles like the Gus but dress hats are tricky. That's why I think the Homburg may be a better choice. In fact, I was wondering if something like an Open Road crown with a single, center stiff crease and pencil rolled brim may be the answer? If I am not mistaken, an Open Road crown is taller than a traditional Homburg. Do you know if that is so? This may work better with my head shape. Again, well done and way to go for keeping the hat tradition going.

Regards, Todd

reasons I dont like Mark the Sunshine boy
1. has awesome signed IJ hat
2. I dont

dont add to that list Mark.:lol:

Yeah, Mark's blatant ownership of a cooler hat than I'll ever own in my life gets him bumped down on my list, too. :001_tt2: How dare you, Mark!? You're such a butt. :biggrin:

It looks awesome on you, too!

Wow Mark! Well done. I have heard of Adventure Built before and have NEVER seen one negative comment about them. Congratulations.

I check out the Lounge sometimes and have really come to appreciate hats a lot more. I still don't think I can pull of a fedora style hat but I am seriously considering contacting Art Fawcett to see if he can make up a Homburg for me. I have a rather large jaw line and this combined with a size 7-1/2 long oval noggin make fedoras a tricky matter for me. Brim size gets weird in a hurry. A stingy brim looks downright clownish on me. Almost like a beanie. So a decent brim is a must. I can pull off western styles like the Gus but dress hats are tricky. That's why I think the Homburg may be a better choice. In fact, I was wondering if something like an Open Road crown with a single, center stiff crease and pencil rolled brim may be the answer? If I am not mistaken, an Open Road crown is taller than a traditional Homburg. Do you know if that is so? This may work better with my head shape. Again, well done and way to go for keeping the hat tradition going.

Regards, Todd

seeking art's advice is the best...send a picture ofyourself and description...and he will assist you....you may be surprised about what he says...now art will make you anything you WANT, but tell him to suggest first...

I like my Tucker...it is the right height, brim and ribbon size for me...search here for it or the FL or art's website....

i love a open road....its a great hat....

mark

Mark, that is a beautiful hat... maybe Indy will brink back the Fedora and make it less of an oddity in todays world.. I've got a few hats myself from Art Fawcett, Stetson and Brent Black.. usually the only one wearing one around my friends.

i know the feeling...but you know at my age...i dont care what people think...i get better compliment from the tatoo and piercing crowd....fellow individuals...

OMG!!

How did I miss this thread??

Hi from a fellow Indy gear lover!

I have a akubra federation hat instead of the ab one but I've been jonesing for one for a while.

But on the other hand I have a few Indy whips which are what I enjoy the most about the movies!

Top Bottom